Craftsman Inn & Suites
Our busy restaurant is looking for a detail-oriented individual with exceptional time management abilities who is passionate about providing our clients with an exceptional dining experience. As our next line cook, you will be responsible for ensuring that every dish is cooked and presented following appropriate recipes, presentation standards, and with accuracy for the guest order. We need an experienced cook who is comfortable with a variety of cooking techniques such as poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking. Our ideal applicant is a team player who can successfully communicate with other kitchen staff to keep our restaurant running efficiently. If you have a friendly and energetic attitude with a passion for food, please apply today!
- Cook food orders at stations by following established recipes and presentation standards for grilling, broiling, and sautéing menu items
- Ensure that all interactions with visitors, vendors and colleagues are conducted in a professional and friendly manner
- Assemble a system of food stations and fill them with everything they need for the shift
- Maintain work stations, including all countertops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition per health and safety regulations
- Guarantee that quality food is supplied, by adhering to specified storage and waste control requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products
- Candidates need a strong understanding of compliance with kitchen safety and food storage requirements
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent GED certification
- Must be a hard worker with high attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
About Craftsman Inn & Suites
The Craftsman Inn & Suites is located near the Fayetteville historic district, Syracuse University, and local attractions such as Green Lakes State Park. Rustic meets elegance, in the newly renovated Inn, accented by classic Stickley furnishings. Event spaces have been reimaged to host powerful meetings and impressive social events.