Are you a dynamic and energetic culinary professional capable of providing our guests with an exceptional dining experience? Our reputable restaurant and catering company seeks a few skilled chefs who can create innovative menus and dishes, supervise all food leaving the kitchen, and ensure health and safety requirements are followed. Experience as a high-performing sous chef is required. Apply now if you're ready to bring your passion for food to our fantastic team!
This is an hourly or salaried position.
- You will be paid a $1 per hour wellness allowance paid monthly
- You will earn 1 hour of PTO for every 20 hours of work. So, you will earn 100 hours of PTO if you work Fifty 40-hour weeks
- You are expected to work up to 40 hours a week. You are required to clock in and out for your personal work and for meal breaks
- Retirement Savings. You can contribute as soon as you join. After 1 year of job, we match up to 4%
- Assist and oversee the preparation, portioning, garnishing, presentation, and safe storage of food for the restaurant and 1 or more simultaneous catering events and tastings
- Maintain high standards of quality, flavor, and presentation for all the dishes being prepared
- Assist with weekly inventory and maintain optimal inventory levels
- Assist with documenting recipes and/or procuring ingredients based on the documented Recipes and what is in stock. Ordering accuracy is very important to prevent multiple grocery store trips
- Participate in weekly planning meetings for events and tastings
- Create/Improve Menus - specifically local/seasonal/organic/Gluten Free/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Follow waste, compost, recycle guidelines and processes we have setup in our kitchen
- Ensure that kitchen, equipment, and storage facilities are sanitary, neat, and organized
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is accounted for
- Follow, create, and improve processes
- Be a good mentor to elevate everyone's skills, cross-train kitchen employees utilizing their strengths
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with guests and coworkers
- Candidates must have completed high school or received similar certification such as a GED
- Must be able to meet all safety and sanitation requirements of kitchen equipment and food storage
- Outstanding management abilities, as well as experience leading, inspiring, and building a team
- Must have minimum 10 years of combined full time restaurant and catering experience
$25 - $30 hourly
We are a full-service Restaurant, Catering Company, and Venue in business since the year 2002. We are a family-owned, woman-owned, and minority-owned small business. We value Environmental Sustainability and vying to become carbon neutral. Customer experience is paramount for us and we are looking for team members who think the same.