As a busy restaurant, we need a bartender with a positive customer service mindset who can ensure patrons have a wonderful time at the bar. Your duties will include taking customer orders, preparing a range of conventional and unique cocktails, offering beer and wine recommendations, and maintaining the cleanliness of the bar area at all times. This role requires a highly motivated individual with great organizational abilities and a customer-focused mentality. If you enjoy mixing and serving drinks, meeting new people, and working in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
- Perform all restocking and cleaning activities as directed, including opening and closing duties
- Purchase needed bar supplies, stock and track all wine, liquor, and beer stocks, and have a full supply of glassware on hand, notifying management of any supply issues or shortages
- Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine, beer, liquor, mixed drinks, and more
- Check customers age by verifying identification cards and serve alcoholic beverages to patrons per federal, state, local, and company laws and regulations
- Receive payments and settle patron checks and tabs, as well as correctly record daily sales totals in point of sale system
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent certification (GED)
- This role requires a strong emphasis on putting the patron first and providing exceptional customer service
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
About Hilton Springfield
We're off I-395/I-95, across the street from Springfield Town Center mall. Fort Belvoir military base is nine miles away and we're a half-hour drive from Washington DC. We offer a free shuttle to and from Franconia-Springfield Metro Station, less than two miles away. Enjoy our indoor pool, fitness center, and free parking. WiFi's on us.