The Shenandoah Club
As a busy restaurant, we need a bartender with a positive customer service mindset who can ensure patrons have a wonderful time at the bar. Your duties will include taking customer orders, preparing a range of conventional and unique cocktails, offering beer and wine recommendations, and maintaining the cleanliness of the bar area at all times. This role requires a highly motivated individual with great organizational abilities and a customer-focused mentality. If you enjoy mixing and serving drinks, meeting new people, and working in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
- Purchase needed bar supplies, stock and track all wine, liquor, and beer stocks, and have a full supply of glassware on hand, notifying management of any supply issues or shortages
- Check customers age by verifying identification cards and serve alcoholic beverages to patrons per federal, state, local, and company laws and regulations
- Restock and clean as instructed, including side work for opening and closing of the restaurant
- Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine, beer, liquor, mixed drinks, and more
- Receive payments and settle patron checks and tabs, as well as correctly record daily sales totals in point of sale system
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certification
- Must have a strong focus on putting the patron first with exceptional customer service experience
- Displays impeccable time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working with customers and other team members
$17 - $18 hourly
About The Shenandoah Club
Located just steps from the bustle of downtown Roanoke, the Shenandoah Club is the ideal location for our members to immerse themselves in a world of refinement and hospitality.
Since 1893, the Shenandoah Club has provided members with a quiet and luxurious setting for lunches, dinner, receptions, business meetings educational events, holiday programs and performing arts evenings. Today's membership reflects Western Virginia's leaders in commerce, industry, healthcare, law, education, government, the sciences, and the fine arts.
In addition to our regular lunch and dinner service, we offer a full schedule of Club activities appealing to all interest and dining preferences. These events provide a unique and unforgettable experience for our members to share with their family and friends.