Manager for Restaurant & Bars - Lark Hotels
Do you love to work and travel? Is working in Hospitality your way to see the world? Lark Hotels is seeking a passionate and experienced Manager to join our team! We have hotels with Restaurants and Bars from the Shores of Maine to the plains of Texas to the hill country of North Carolina. We serve a variety of cuisines in locations across America. We are as diverse in style as we are in locations! The Manager is assigned different projects across different hotels throughout the year. This position is heavily based on travel with up to 80 percent of the year being on the road. You'll spend your time on the road working from some of the top vacation destinations and your time off the road working from home. If this sounds like something you'd love, please start your application right away!
Start date: March 1, 2023
WHAT YOU GET
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- PTO, paid holidays and sick days, and enrollment in Lark Hotels' health/vision/dental plans
- Travel expense reimbursement in accordance with guidelines
- Spend your workdays at some of the top vacation spots in the US when you're traveling, and working from home when you're not
- The opportunity to craft a unique, unpretentious, exciting guest experience, take chances, and do things that no one else in the industry can pull off - side by side with tremendous talent!
- Directs and coordinates all aspects of marketing and community events, including planning and executing them
- Build restaurant staff through recruiting, interviewing, and training food service professionals
- Retain proper inventory levels of food and dining items and make precise plans for anticipated sales patterns
- Conduct performance reviews with team members and consistently hold them accountable through performance management
- Verify the quality of all products and services according to the company's criteria
- Consistent travel to locations to support new properties, existing concept development, ongoing training, and the onboarding of new leaders. Travel time up to 80% annually.
- Participate in the development of property menus, complete with standardized recipes and cost analysis that reflect the concept and are current with industry trends.
- Form relationships that last, take care of people, and create buy-in with the on-the-ground operational team.
- Produce monthly sales mix and cost comparison reports.
- Assist in the development of marketing and promotion programs to drive revenue for all R&B outlets. Participate in team meetings to review revenue performance vs plan and identify actions to close gaps to achieve objectives.
- Experience with MS Office and other computer skills desired
- Possess excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and problem-solving skills
- Must have previous experience in food service managing food inventory levels, operating costs, and budgets
- This position requires a high school diploma or GED
- Must have 2-3 years prior experience managing a staff or in a relevant supervisory role, preferably in food service
- Strong food, wine and cocktail knowledge
- Ala carte, Banquet and quick service experience
- Strong leadership and management skills working with a variety of employees, fostering a team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to form innovative ideas, create a plan of action, and implement it
- Experience in purchasing specifications, pricing and quantity yields
- Ability to understand P&L statements, and to track sales and purchasing in order to achieve desired margins
- Able to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels; weekends, nights and holidays required
- Desire to shape, mold and grow a unique program in a unique location
$70,000 - $80,000 yearly
About Lark Hotels
Lark Hotels is a premium hotel development and management company with a portfolio of 50+ branded boutique hotels and restaurants in high-profile destinations on the East Coast, as well as in Texas and California. Lark Hotels launched its first boutique properties in 2012, and Lark Independent (larkhospitality.com), focused on the management and marketing of independent hotels, in 2020. Capitalizing on its explosive success, Bluebird Hotels, a sister collection of boutique roadside lodges that reimagine the great American road trip, was launched in 2021. The company is now poised for even more expansion down the East Coast and throughout the U.S. with a number of new brands, innovative properties, and inspiring designs in development. For information, visit larkhotels.com.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, and References to firstname.lastname@example.org