Our Audio/Video Nerds help members with Video Equipment, Audio Equipment, Service Providers, Streaming, and more. The AV Nerd will help the Member get the most out of their equipment and services.
As our AV Nerd, you will take the lead on Requests, Projects and Triage concerning Audio/Video equipment and services. You will recommend AV equipment. You will recommend service providers. You will ensure the service providers do what they say when they say it and make sure our Members are happy!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Documentation is a huge part of EVERY Nerd's job. Nerds are expected to create/update Member Profiles, Member Manuals, Shop Manuals, and more.
- Meet with Members to help them with their requests. We meet Members in our store, at their office or home, or where they indicate (maybe to help them shop). We also talk to Members on the phone and assist them via Remote Sessions.
- Diagnose and provide solutions using experience, skills, resources, and collaboration with other Nerds.
- Complete work assignments in a timely manner.
- Record relevant information on Member interactions and support, using a variety of tools including but not limited to MHelpDesk, Slack, Google Drive, Trello.
- Recommend best solutions for Members by understanding their needs, desires, competency levels, and financial constraints.
- Present technology, concepts, etc. to Members and Nerds.
- Strong people skills and a knack for problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
- Ability to adhere to a schedule of customer appointments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An aptitude for acquiring skills in technology and an eagerness to learn.
- Excellent time management skills and can make decisions quickly.
- The main focus of a Nerds job is Member Service... we live to serve our Members! Any experience you may have in the Customer Service industry is a BIG benefit!
- Any experience with Networking, Modems, Routers, Firewalls, DHCP, DNS, Cabling, and WiFi is a must.
- All Nerds must possess certain fundamental skills including - Word Processing (we document everything); Problem Solving (quickly troubleshoot and fix issues); Research (find answers in our Knowledge Base, our Ticketing System, another Nerd, On-line, Etc.); Educating (teaching Members and other Nerds); Marketing/Selling (all Nerds are expected to know and communicate effectively the benefits of NN Membership).
- Experience with the following is a benefit - Slack, Trello, Google Drive, Google Docs, Gmail, MS Office.
- Actively enrolled High School/College Student or recently graduated. We've had the best luck with Computer Science and Engineering Majors but are open to others.
- Grammar and spelling are very important since most of our Members are not just educated but HIGHLY educated!
- So, even though we don't require a four-year degree, we do need our Nerds to speak and write well.
About Neighborhood Nerds, Inc.
Neighborhood Nerds is more Life Support than Technical Support. Our members pay a monthly fee to have access to a team of Nerds who provide a Concierge-type service. Our membership model allows our Nerds to know our Members and their technology. This knowledge gives our Nerds the best possible opportunity for success each and every time. Successfully providing solutions to our Members is the primary goal of Neighborhood Nerds.
Our Nerds strive to increase proactive engagements with our members while reducing reactive requests. Every Nerd is responsible for maintaining the knowledge base for 100 members. Each Nerd is constantly updating Member Profiles, Member Manuals, Notes, etc. so we always have a complete understanding of who the member is and how we can best serve them. Nerds are also required to engage their 100 members EVERY month via phone, email, note, visit, etc.