Slepian, Schwartz and Landgaard
Our company is rapidly growing, and we are seeking an experienced title processor to join our team. You will assist buyers and the title team in making sure the title application is prepared and submitted correctly, and work with the team to resolve any issues or discrepancies to produce a clear title. The ideal candidate will have some experience working in title insurance, mortgage lending, or real estate transactions, with a keen eye for detail and outstanding research and customer service skills. If this sounds like you, please send us your resume today!
From $30,000 - $35,000+, annually, based on experience
- Process transactions by gathering and entering necessary data and documentation into software programs and track missing essential items
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with real estate agents to ensure receipt of critical information and collect crucial documents in a timely manner
- Review title reports and deeds and discuss title problems and solutions with title examiners and title insurance underwriters
- Obtain payoffs from banks and lending institutions
- Order, receive and review closing letters from representatives of homeowners associations and management companies
- Receive and review proof of homeowner's insurance coverage to verify compliance with lender requirements and closing instructions
- Communicate with County Tax Assessors' offices to obtain current and accurate tax data
- Liaise with loan officers and mortgage processors regarding receipt of closing instructions and packages and prompt preparation and transmittal of title binders/commitments, preliminary Closing Disclosures, and Settlement Statements
- Analyze and verify the accuracy, consistency, and comprehensiveness of all documentation received such as contracts, exhibits and amendments, lender closing instructions, surveys, leases, proofs of identification and public records in order to identify and resolve any inconsistencies or discrepancies
- Read all contracts, commitments, and lender closing instructions to ensure strict compliance and an accurate and on-time closing
- Maintain proper accounting procedures when depositing and removing earnest money funds from the escrow account
- Perform administrative and clerical duties required to complete closing transactions and respond to all preliminary and follow-up requests
- Coordinate with other team members to accomplish pre-closing and post-closing responsibilities as directed
- Support attorney with administrative assistant essential duties, including clerical and data entry assistance
- Exemplify excellent customer service in every interaction with the Firm’s clients and the public. This includes responding to messages and requests in a timely manner (within the same business day), graciously extending oneself to accommodate those served by the Firm, and performing job duties with enthusiasm and a genuine perceivable zest to be of service
Come join our team and experience a law firm culture like no other!
- Outstanding analysis, communication and customer service skills are a must
- 2+ years of experience with real estate transactions or the title or mortgage industries is essential, ideally as a contract-to-close assistant, title company pre-closer, or mortgage loan processor
- Intermediate proficiency with several computer programs including MS Office is needed, Softpro experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under strict time constraints
- Demonstrate the necessary aptitude to effectively communicate by telephone, e-mail and in person, follow instructions to the letter from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff, and to provide information with courtesy and tact
- Must exhibit a high level of client care and satisfaction and show support for the firm's beliefs
- Possess interpersonal skills needed to interact fully, effectively and appropriately with a vast array of people under a wide range of situations and circumstances so as to illicit an "impressed" response after each encounter
If, when looking in the mirror you see these traits, you should be working here!
$30,000 - $35,000+, annually, based on experience
About Slepian, Schwartz and Landgaard
As THE premier law firm south of Atlanta we provide unparalleled opportunities to those professionals fortunate enough to become members of our firm. Specializing in areas of the law as diverse as Real Estate, Wills and Trusts, Estate Planning, Divorce, Family Law, Personal Injury, Workers’ Compensation, Mediation Services, Criminal Defense, Civil Litigation and Corporate and Business Law, our attorneys provide the highest quality of efficient legal representation to individuals and businesses across the State of Georgia.
We are at the top of our game, if you are at the top of yours, come join us!