We are looking for a project manager with construction experience to handle a large number of fix and flips for a real estate investing company to join our single-family home remodeling team in McLennan County, TX
You will be responsible for contractor hiring, budgeting, reviewing bids, negotiating, data entry, documents spreadsheet management, and a variety of property project management. The ideal candidate should be proficient in requesting bids from multiple contractors, evaluating multifamily and single-family buildings, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be tech-savvy and work well under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and professional environment.
Our company has completed hundreds of transactions over the past several years including flips, wholesales, joint ventures, and multifamily buy and holds.
Construction Project Manager's Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborating with our General Contractors to create a smooth process, which includes managing all aspects of residential construction including design, estimating, and coordination of schedules and conduct inspections. The project manager is responsible for the entire renovation of our homes from start to finish
- The project manager is responsible for the entire renovation of our homes from start to finish
- Inspecting assets, multi-family/commercial buildings, and SFR’s to provide inspection reports
- Accountability for contract administration, execution, job cost tracking, billing, change order control system, claims, and job closeout (i.e. W-9, Contractor agreements, bids, timelines, etc.) Put together cost-effective plans, detailed budgets, and scope of work for each project
- Gathering and reviewing multiple bid proposals
- Determine who is the best fit to take on a project (manpower, amount of jobs they have, price point, etc.)
- Making sure contracts are completed properly i.e. payment schedules, signatures, etc.
- City code knowledge
- Being able to manage multiple projects
- Always developing and maintaining relationships with all general contractors and subs
- Hiring and firing when needed (GC’s, PMs, and sub-contractors)
- Making sure pictures and contracts are organized and uploaded to our system
- Progress on projects being in line with the payment schedule and benchmarks you put in place
- Releasing payments to contractors and vendors
- Managing and requesting all funds related to our projects
- Coordinating with drafters, engineers, and the city for permits, etc.
- Coordinating with city inspectors
- Walking projects 2-3 times a week to ensure that we are on track
- Making sure work is being done properly, to code and/or per our permitted plans
- Making sure all items on the SOW and your punch list are completed before releasing the final payment
- Filing final lien waivers, a notice of completion at the end of each project
- Coordinating with our Property Manager (lease-ups, service calls, updates on projects, etc.)
- Experienced in computer literate in Excel, Word, G-Drive, PDF, etc.
- Maintain auto insurance clean driving record
- Problem-solving skills action-oriented
- Ability to read understand plans drawings
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Great written verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented very analytically
- Time management oriented
- High School Diploma required
$40,000 - $60,000 yearly
About JK Capital
JK Capital is an investment firm specializing in the sourcing, evaluation, acquisition, improving, leasing, and disposition of real property in mid-sized markets in the USA.