The Construction Superintendent is accountable for planning, managing, and ensuring the completion of projects. You strive to maximize efficiency and productivity by smoothly managing scope, priorities, and contingencies. The ideal candidate should have a fascination for managing construction projects, possess expert knowledge in the subject matter, and have a continuous improvement mind. You must be an effective communicator and manager or resources, including people. Salary will depend on the experience of the candidate.
- Define and follow a Company project management and reporting standard
- Estimate and budget costs and risks for each project
- Schedule projects in logical steps, accounting for budget and time in order to meet deadlines
- Interface with Company personnel, contractors, superintendents, and vendors
- Supervise, inspect, and approve the daily on-site construction operations
- Complete projects on time, compliant with quality standards, and within budget
- Selection and management of contractors and resources
- Oversee and ensure proper safety and quality standards, regulations, and practices
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field, preferred
- Project Management Professional certification, a plus
- 2-5 years work history in managing residential and commercial construction projects
- Expertise with Microsoft Project and MS Office, and general computer knowledge
- Exceptional financial, time management, communication, and analytical skills
- Expert knowledge in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and other related trades
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and relevant City/State construction codes
- Highly organized, concise, and ability to perform well under stress to meet deadlines
- Effective communicator and manager
Salary will depend on the experience of the candidate.
ODUrent is the largest and most innovative real estate company managing off-campus student housing for over 1000 students at Old Dominion University, 300 self-storage units, and several traditional apartment communities.
Company Benefits and Culture
We offer an outstanding benefits package:
- Health, dental and vision Insurance
- Generous vacation time
- Automatic sick leave time
- Maternal and paternal leave
- Company matching 401(k)
- Company paid training/higher education
- Bonus incentive opportunities
ODUrent is committed to providing its team members with an exceptional company culture and employment experience. If you want a career, not a job, and you want to experience big company benefits with an intimate company feel, come join the ODUrent team!