Residential Construction Superintendent - ADU Builder
If you love residential construction, thrive on running multiple jobs at once, and are a natural leader, we'd love to hear from you. Our ADU design-build company is looking for an experienced construction superintendent/project manager to oversee all aspects of construction. You’ll be in charge of hiring and managing subcontractors, putting together project estimates, maintaining safety and compliance at the construction site, and ensuring our projects are completed on time and on budget. We are looking for someone with 4+ years of construction management experience (superintendent or higher), preferably in new home building, and a passion for managing a team. If you excel in leadership roles, have extensive construction knowledge and high standards, seek to delight clients and coworkers, and are ambitious to grow your influence as a leader, we want to talk to you!
We are a fast-growing ADU design-build firm, so if you are ambitious and eager to demonstrate your talent as an A-game player, there will be ample opportunity for advancement, bonuses, and potential for future ownership.
- PROJECT ESTIMATING - Work within estimating software to create material take-offs and oversee bidding w/ subcontractors to put together complete and reliable project estimates in a timely manner
- RECRUIT SUBS - Recruit subcontractors and ensure they are adequately licensed, bonded, and insured and have a track record that meets our standards
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Maintain a schedule, order materials, oversee subcontractors, facilitate inspections, issue change orders, visit job sites daily, complete daily logs, proactively troubleshoot issues, ensure subs know they are valued, etc.
- DESIGN INPUT - Walk job sites, review plans, and field questions from design team members to ensure plans are cost-effective and efficient.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Maintain clear and timely communication with clients and team members and seek ways to delight and make our people know we care
- STANDARDS - Ensure standards for quality, safety, and orderly job sites are consistently met and improved upon over time
- SAFETY - Minimize the potential for injuries or harm by requiring complete adherence to health and safety standards and best practices
- REPORTING - Maintain reports on project budgets vs actual, project schedule vs actual, and progress towards quarterly goals, OSHA requirements, etc.
- MENTORING - Mentor new team members on our standards, systems, and processes to propel our business's success
- Accountable for achieving business goals and outcomes for our Clients
- Cares about People and our Planet
- Loves Construction!
- Maintains high standards of Workmanship, Safety, and Decorum
- Comfortable with Technology such as Microsoft Office Suite, estimating software, and project management software
- Values the Environment and employs Eco-friendly standards for our business
- Communicates well
- Can handle multiple projects and responsibilities with ease
- Respectful and works well with people of diverse backgrounds
- Residential homebuilding experience preferred
- Current or former general contractor experience is a plus
- A degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar is a plus
$110,000 - $140,000 (salary + bonus DOE)
About Sidekick Homes
Sidekick Homes mission is to solve California's housing crisis one sidekick at a time. We work with homeowners to build accessory dwelling units (ADUs) that are integrated into neighborhoods and benefit communities. We are growing fast and are looking for highly talented individuals who have a growth mindset and a servant's heart.
We value social