Janis Properties seeks a project manager for home remodels and new builds $500k - $2.3m. Responsible for planning and overseeing various projects ranging from flips to spec homes, from beginning to end.
You will be hiring subcontractors and working with engineers and architects as needed, and keeping track of an inventory of equipment and materials.
The Residential Construction Project Manager we are looking for will have previous experience in construction management projects and be knowledgeable of regulations and permits required.
The ideal applicant will be highly organized, with the ability to plan ahead and multitask in order to meet deadlines and keep projects under budget. If this sounds like you, get in touch with us.
Competitive salary plus benefits and bonuses.
- Oversee construction projects from beginning to end
- Ability to oversee 3-4 projects at a time
- Manage the budget and estimate costs
- Quality control for finished product
- Ensure supplies and equipment are ordered and delivered according to schedule
- Prepare reports regarding job status
- Resolve any problems that may arise
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
- Evaluate risks
- Train and mentor construction workers and construction laborers depending on the size of the project
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects and key team members of the project team
- Negotiate with external vendors on contract agreements
- Obtain the appropriate permits and licenses from authorities for construction sites
- Plan construction operations
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Hire contractors and staff including construction laborers
- Delegate responsibilities
- Allocate and manage resources to ensure that they are available when they are needed throughout the construction projects
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly
- Handle any environmental or local community issues that may come up during a project
- Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards
- BS BA degree or experience in Architecture, Building Science, Engineering, Construction Management, or another related field
- PMP or an equivalent certification would be considered an asset
- Extensive previous work experience managing budgets for construction projects
- Excellent knowledge of construction materials and equipment
- Highly organized
- Previous experience in a leadership role with strong and proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Previous work experience in construction management or another similar role
- Understanding of construction management processes
- Able to plan ahead
- Familiar with construction and project management software programs
- Excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations as well as quality standards and human resources
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience
- Excellent time management ability
- Able to multitask with a strong understanding of core manager duties
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities, including negotiation skills
$60,000 - $100,000 yearly
About Janis Properties
Dave Janis is a successful real estate broker and home remodeler and builder in Boulder, CO.
Location: Boulder, CO (near 29th St. Mall). Corner office with a view of the Foothills, with covered parking and friendly staff.