Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
The Estimator will support the purchasing team with job coordination, estimating services, budgets, and purchase orders. Day to day tasks will include vendor coordination, document reviews, estimating, budget creation, purchase order distribution, and change order processing.
They will assist the Purchasing Manager with Trade Relationships.
- Read residential construction documents.
- Review job documents such as colors, options, and plans for accuracy. Work with other team members to ensure discrepancies in those documents are corrected per the process.
- Estimating services for residential products, including material take-offs and cost projections.
- Utilize office software to develop job specific budgets and purchase orders.
- Process and track change orders to support production team in executing those changes.
- Support Purchasing Manager to create master plan budget projections and material lists.
- Recruit and on-board new Trade Partners.
- Assist purchasing team with budgets.
- Ability to work within a team, and to work with other teams with in the company to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to read construction documents such as plat maps, surveys, and construction plans
- Residential construction estimating and data entry skills
- Experience with job cost and/or budgets a plus
- Basic technology skills: Microsoft Office software such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Minimum technical college degree
or a history of experience in an estimating position
- 4 year college degree a plus but not required
$45,000 - $50,000 annually based on experience
About Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
Tim O'Brien Homes is an award winning, semi-custom single family home builder in the Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin areas. They are leaders in energy efficiency, innovative designs, green building practices and renewable technologies. All homes are 3rd party tested and certified surpassing the State's energy-efficiency and green strict guidelines, and backed by a 5-Year Energy Guarantee.
Join a team of people who live by seven core values which are the guiding principles that inspire daily work and underscore commitment to customers, vendor partners and each other. Tim O'Brien Homes is also a partner of Neumann Companies and its affiliates.