Dark Horse Recovery
Residential Administrative Assistant- NIGHT SHIFT (Allows entry into Behavioral Health)
Behavioral health experience is helpful but not required for this opportunity, and this is the ideal role if you would like to become a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT), which is completely optional.
The Residential Administrative Assistant is a night shift position that primarily provides support to the BHT day shift position. The RAA's support plays an essential role in serving individuals with various mental health concerns to get the best possible treatment along with access to crucial resources that will help them overcome their obstacles.
This position provides a favorable environment and duties to establish desirable experience in the behavioral health field, which is attractive to employers seeking to fill behavioral health roles, such as a BHT. Dark Horse Recovery specifically provides training for this purpose if desired, and offers growth opportunities for RAAs to advance in the company, including as BHTs.
This is your prime opportunity to break into the world of Behavioral Health and begin a career of transforming lives.
The Residential Administrative Assistant performs a variety of routine activities to provide safety, supervision, oversight, resource coordination, and support to residents receiving treatment within our group homes. RAAs primarily accomplish this by heavily supporting the activities of the behavioral health technicians (BHT). The residents carry a primary or secondary mental health diagnosis and are 18 years of age or older. The RAA works collaboratively with all members of the treatment team including the BHTs, other RAAs, behavioral health professionals (BHP), residents, and case managers. The RAA is a vital component to the therapeutic success of our residents.
Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment.
If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We would love to speak with you!
Compensation: $13 - $16 Hourly (DOE), plus health insurance in the future
- Full time/Part-time available
- Night shift
- Weekends available
Upon submitting an application, you will receive an automatic email including two assessments to complete. Resumes without these completed assessments will not be considered.
- Provide residents with a supportive, protective living environment and protection of resident’s rights
- Remain familiar with all legal regulations and comply with them
- Receive supervision from BHP when performing a behavioral health service
- Assist residents to secure and maintain viable employment opportunities, accessing community services and resources
- Review daily progress notes on resident’s progress and regression in direct and report services offered through our company. Protect and maintain the confidentiality of resident’s records and information
- Assist BHTs with support of residents’ formal and informal independent life skills and activities of daily living. Confirm that residents attend formal education or educational enhancement training. Coordinate residents’ social and recreational activities
- Assure that residents take necessary medications in accordance with our company’s assistance in the self-administration medication procedures. Able to identify types of medications commonly prescribed for mental disorders, personality disorders, and substance abuse, and common side effects and adverse reactions of the medications
- Assist residents in receiving the care and services specified in their treatment/care plans and in accordance with the rules set forth by the department of behavioral health services
- Attend company-provided education/training: at least one hour of ongoing in-service education per month, and receive at least two contacts of clinical oversight per month by the BHP, in order to maintain program standards
- Demonstrate ethical behaviors such as respecting residents and personnel members’ boundaries
- Follow company crisis management protocols as needed
- Complete incident reports as needed
- Review daily reports and confirm they are completed properly and follow compliance protocol
- Ensure daily checklists are completed
- Maintain inventory lists and order supplies and groceries as needed
- Create and maintain daily agendas for colleagues
- Follow sanitization/cleaning procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned by management and BHTs
- Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or school equivalency diploma (GED) and able to obtain: a fingerprint clearance card, CPR/First Aid certification, and negative TB test
The Remaining Job Qualifications are PREFERRED NOT REQUIRED:
- Covid vaccination is highly recommended
- Experience supervising residents with behavioral health disorders in a behavioral health agency; dealing with residents with behavioral health and co-occurring disorders
- Understands the services our company is authorized to provide: self-administration of medication; understands and is able to identify medications commonly prescribed for mental disorders and substance abuse
- Able to demonstrate skills, knowledge, and protection of resident’s rights; recognize obvious symptoms of mental disorder and/or substance abuse
- Understanding of services needed for residents with behavioral health issues; be able to read and understand residents’ treatment plans; maintain the confidentiality of resident records
$13 - $16 Hourly (DOE)
About Dark Horse Recovery
Dark Horse Recovery provides therapeutic behavioral health services for adults desiring recovery in a residential setting. We're focused on helping the underdogs transform, those who desire treatment when nothing else has worked, to show them the difference of a truly compassionate team dedicated to empowering them with the skills necessary to recover and transition with meaningful community resources and individualized aftercare.