You know how rewarding it is to make a difference in the lives of others who need help living independently. You understand how patience and understanding can make all the difference to persons with developmental disabilities. You’re rewarded by leading your team through challenging situations while keeping the best interests of the resident at the forefront of what you do. You have supervisory skills and is experienced in working with persons with developmental disabilities. You’re responsible, highly motivated, well organized and you are a Home Manager for Momentum Developmental Support (a division of CareGivers) in Corner Brook.
- Work with the Regional Health Authority Social Workers and other members of the program team to develop and implement an outcome focused service delivery plan for the resident(s)
- Maintain a safe, healthy and therapeutic physical environment for our residents within the home
- Provide daily supervision and coaching to the developmental support workers assigned on your team, as well as on-going job performance evaluations
- Offer ongoing professional development support for developmental support workers in supporting competencies for the role
- Provide quality assurance to ensure information is recorded in the resident information portal, ShareVision
- Ensure information is properly communicated within the care team
- Lead staff team meetings on a regular basis
- Work with the Staffing Specialist to complete standardized rotational schedules for all staff in the home
- Make and report on appointments for residents within the home
- Monitor and provide reports on budget for each resident’s petty cash
- Monitor medication usage and order new medications where needed
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, families, and agency workers
- Enforce and abide by the Collective Agreement regarding human resource management
- A satisfactory Record of Conduct, Vulnerable Sector Check, and valid driver’s license is also required.
- The best person for this role is someone who has post-secondary education, and knowledge or experience working in the health care or social science industry.
- You have exceptional decision making and problem-solving skills.
- You are able to prioritize work, manage pressure, meet deadlines and stay motivated in a self-managed environment.
- The successful applicant is willing and able to work independently and as a part of a team.
$40,000 - $45,000
About Seafair Capital
Seafair Capital Inc. is a growth-focused private investment company that provides strategic leadership and shared services to our group of operating companies. At Seafair Capital, we focus on unlocking the potential in our existing businesses and on acquiring medium-sized companies in related sectors that are ready to explore their next stage of growth.
Our businesses employ more than 700 people in three main divisions: Consumer Healthcare, Care Partnerships, and Safety Services. We have a dynamic team who offers exceptional support to our companies in the areas of finance, marketing and communications, information technology, human resources and legal.
The Employee and Labour Relations Specialist will work in the Care Partnerships division. Companies within Care Partnerships include: Blue Sky Family Care, CareGivers, Momentum, and Aurelia.