Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle
Plans, implements, and monitors wellness and recreation programs to meet the specific needs of each and all residents. Ensures residents’ lives are maintained to the extent possible by providing programs and events that encourage engagement and social interaction. The Resident Programs Coordinator utilizes Brookdale mission and cornerstones, as well as the Optimum Life vision, for the foundation of their responsibilities.
- Plans, develops and implements creative and exciting Resident Programs to meet the individual needs and interests of the residents within the community as well as through outside trips and events; includes providing one-to-one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Excellence for Resident Programs.
- Ensures Resident Programs’ mission and model are the foundation of community programs.
- Ensures resident welcome and engagement protocols are in place.
- Manages volunteer program, including recruitment, training, and supervising volunteers.
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly calendar of events requirements are met.
- Ensures specialty programs are scheduled according to the Resident Program Annual Master Calendar.
- Ensures marketing, promoting and communicating materials are of professional quality.
- Ensures the Community environment (including equipment and supplies) supports a whole-person wellness culture for resident engagement.
- Coordinates the transportation of residents to and from events outside of the community, which may include driving a community motor vehicle.
- Ensures that Resident Programs meet all state, federal, and other regulations.
- Participates in the review of individual residents’ service plans and regularly documents resident program progress. Participate in discharge planning with other members of the management team.
- Monitors resident program budget, equipment, and supplies.
- Participates in annual resident satisfaction survey initiatives and addresses resident complaints and grievances.
- Responds appropriately to resident emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties according to the established protocol. May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations.
- May directly supervise resident program assistants and/or driver; may act in supervisory capacity in the absence of the executive director, as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Associates Degree or equivalent with emphasis in recreation, health education or related field and a minimum of two or more years of direct programming experience with older adults is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
$10 - $12 hourly
About Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle
Brookdale’s culture embraces diversity and inclusion. Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, excellence, and integrity. Our vision is to be the nation’s first choice in senior living.
Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle is an Assisted Living, Independent Living and Memory Care community in Ocala, FL. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service to our senior and their families.