Bear Creek Memory Care
- This position for all functions taking place in relation to the care of residents of Bear Creek Memory Care community; including managing the care of all the residents, managing that residents are engaged in activities, and managing that all aspects of resident needs are properly met and in accordance of state licensing practices. This person will also be responsible for communicating with medical professionals and families about the needs of residents, maintaining compliance with all regulatory standards, and communicating with Building Management on all appropriate matters. It is that I understand supports Bear Creek Memory Cares RCC position.
- To create environments that respect the emotional, physical, spiritual, and intellectual needs of our residents.
- To attract, retain, and develop exceptional staff.
- To create communities that define exceptional customer service.
Managing Care of Residents:
- The Resident Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all residents' Service Plans are completed prior to residency, every quarter or as needs warrant and to ensure that the services assessed are delivered. The Resident Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that signed Physician Orders are updated on a quarterly basis. The Resident Care Coordinator utilized the RN Assessment and Ancillary Assessment along with Physician Orders and Care Staff to ensure that the Service Plan is reflective of the needs of that resident. The Resident Care Coordinator communicates with residents, family, and staff on an as-needed basis to meet resident needs. The Resident Care Coordinator organizes and completes Care Conferences every quarter with residents, family members, and the service planning team to discuss resident needs and appropriate service delivery. The Resident Care Coordinator along with the Health Service Director is responsible for scheduling.
Weights, Vitals, and Parameters.
- The Resident Care Coordinator will monitor weight and vitals on a weekly or monthly basis (as per physician order). The Resident Care Coordinator will ensure proper documentation is in place and proper physician notification is documented and followed through on. Parameters will be audited on a monthly basis to ensure they are in place and being followed.
Reconciliation and Incident Reports
- The Resident Care Coordinator is the 2nd sign-off on physician order reconciliation. The Resident Coordinator will ensure that all orders are reconciled and then given to Health Service Director for the last sign-off. Physician orders must be reconciled within 24hrs of receiving. The Resident Care Coordinator will be the first investigation required for an Incident Report. This will require Resident and Staff interviews. An Incident Report Investigation must be completed within 72 hours of the incident. This may require Temporary Service Plans, Change of Service Plan, or Change of Condition that should be initiated by the Resident Care Coordinator.
- The Resident Care Coordinator will be a Medication Aide at least 1 shift per week and as needed. (See Medication Aide Job Description) The RCC will be active in training new Medication Aides.
Continuous Quality Improvement:
- The Resident Care Coordinator is responsible for oversight and compliance with Bear Creek Memory Care, CQI Program, and takes steps to assure that services delivered are completed as designed. Routine competency audits on direct staff, documentation, resident weights, and Service Plans will be done by Resident Care Coordinator to assure compliance. Work with the executive director to administer and complete satisfaction surveys to both families and staff to ensure quality.
Maintaining Compliance with all local, state, and federal guidelines:
- The Resident Care Coordinator is responsible for all local, state, and federal rules and regulations as they apply to services delivered at Bear Creek Memory Care. This involves staff selection, training and oversight, resident care and documentation, and compliance with HIPAA, OHSA, Bloodborne Pathogen Guidelines, and any other rule that applies to the work we do in regards to caregiving at Bear Creek Memory Care Community.
- The Resident Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that they and any employees reporting to them work in a safe manner and that unsafe actions are to be corrected. Compliance with Safety Committee Standards is required. Should workplace injuries occur, the Department Heads and Directors are to assist the Executive Director when required with the investigation, return to work, and management of the injured worker communication with care provider and Bear Creek Memory Care Community.
- The Resident Care Coordinator is responsible for fostering teamwork with co-workers, showing initiative in overcoming obstacles, taking actions that assist others beyond job responsibilities, and having a positive impact on co-workers, residents, and visitors.
Perform other duties as assigned or needed:
- Example: Pick up shifts as needed, call-outs, late shifts. Day or night.
- Reports to the Health Services Director with supervision also supported by Executive Director.
- Responsible for all Caregivers.
Educ and License
- CNA certification, Med Aide, LPN degree, or RN degree.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have proven management experience and the ability to manage staff.
- An associate's or Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred in business or a field related to the position.
- Minimum three years experience in assisted living, residential care/memory care settings.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Usual - Professional office environment. Uses PC, telephones, word processing, and other standard office equipment. Verbally able to articulate in person and over the phone. Attending business-related functions. Occasional travel to the corporate office.
- Special - The Resident Care Coordinator encounters stressful conditions dealing with residents, employees, and business activities. Also must be able to work well under pressure, resolve conflicts, prioritize tasks, and follow through with ideas. Excellent verbal and written skills, interpersonal and mediation skills, ability to evaluate workers’ performance, and strong working knowledge of employment laws and company regulations. Must be able to work evenings and weekends and maintain a flexible work schedule.
$16 - $18 hourly
About Bear Creek Memory Care
Bear Creek Memory Care would love a chance to meet you and join our team! Our team is full of fun staff and hard-working employees, and we're ready to have you join us.