Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle
Provides direct care to residents following an individual service plan, treats each resident with respect and dignity, recognizes individual needs, and encourages independence. Fosters a homelike atmosphere throughout the community.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring and getting to and from activities and meals according to the individual service plan. Allows and encourages residents to do as much of their own care as possible.
- Serves meals to residents in the dining room or apartments. May assist in preparing meals following preplanned menus. Encourages residents to eat a proper diet and take adequate fluids while respecting the resident's right to free choice. Records and reports changes in resident's eating habits to the supervisor.
- Initiates and participates in leisure activities provided for residents as described in the activity calendar. Encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs and to develop friendships with other residents.
- Maintains resident records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and procedures. This includes documentation related to medication distribution as applicable; leisure activities; incidents and observations; reporting any changes in resident's physical condition and/or behavior; visitors; etc. Observes and report the health and emotional condition of each resident, and promptly report all changes to the supervisor. (Refer to state-specific regulations regarding medication assistance and documentation).
- May assist residents with medication as defined in the medication procedure. Assists or supervises residents who self-administer medication. Follows physician orders and state laws to administer medications to residents who cannot self-administer their medications. Exhibits understanding of and follows medication policies and procedures. (Refer to state-specific regulations regarding medication assistance).
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents. Performs general housekeeping; following cleaning schedules for resident laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance - including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
- Knows the location of each resident, reminds them to sign out when they leave the building and notifies the supervisor immediately if unable to locate a resident.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to six months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Refer to specific state regulations for qualifications required to assist with medications and direct care duties.
- Drug Screen and Background Screening is required.
$9 - $11 hourly
About Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle
Brookdale’s culture embraces diversity and inclusion. Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, excellence, and integrity. Our vision is to be the nation’s first choice in senior living.
Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle is an Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care community in Ocala, FL. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service to our seniors and their families.