As a Reservations Manager, you will lead the reservation and guest service functions for Villatel by ensuring all reservations are processed in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner and making sure our in-house guests are satisfied during their stay.
You will also have expert knowledge of our brand and products to uncover their needs and recommend personalized solutions that will help your team create experiences and memories like no other destination. You will represent Villatel as both a leader and a salesperson, offering your expertise to help solve guests’ problems along with your team!
- Responsible for the entire Guest Experience from the first phone call/inquiry to booking to their arrival
- Manage a team of Reservations and Guest Service Agents, schedules, and coverage
- Knowledge of all of our homes, resorts, and amenities and ensure all agents are equally knowledgeable
- Train staff in taking reservations, telephone etiquettes, processing emails, and reporting work orders/maintenance concerns to the operations team. Developed SOPs and onboarding material
- Develop a process of performance management with one on one coaching, counsel sessions, and maintaining performance logs
- Ensure the team has the best tools to succeed, this includes telephony and lead management systems
- Assist Revenue management team in ensuring accuracy in rates, distribution, and promotions
- Assist with guest management escalation calls/requests
- Work within a Property Management System (Track), to enter new bookings and modify existing bookings
- Work with accounting to produce accurate reports on revenue and payments of reservations
- Services existing bookings include making changes to reservations, accepting and recording payments, confirming reservations are paid in full as per policy, and assisting travel partners with arranging guest preferences
- Oversees high-ranking, VIP, and special reservations for internal and external guests.
- Work with external/internal team members (front desk, operations, housekeeping) to satisfy guest needs
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management
- 4 years of sales and customer service leadership experience in travel or hospitality required, preferably in vacation homes
- Passion for guest services
- Effective communication skills in spoken and written formats with both internal and external customers. Attention to detail
- Understanding property management systems (Track, Streamline, and Zendesk a plus!) and a broad understanding of Vrbo and Airbnb platforms
- Demonstrated ability to utilize internal computer software, web-based resources, and Microsoft Office programs. Ability to learn and utilize multiple systems in the completion of job functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment
- Decision-making skills in situations where variables exist. Ability to assess situations and make mutually beneficial decisions within established guidelines
- Sales skills including positioning products to meet customer needs
- Excellent insurance packages:
- Flexible remote/ in-person hybrid schedule
- Paid time off
- Villa rental discounts/ perks
Why work at Villatel? We love, love, love vacations. For ourselves, sure (don’t get too excited). But more importantly, for the tens of thousands of guests that visit us each year looking to have the most incredible experiences of their lives. Our mission? Exceed their expectations every single time—by offering vacation rentals and a level of service that is consistently luxurious, reliable, and financially attainable.
As the first-ever “flag” hospitality brand in the vacation rental sector, we simultaneously design, maintain, and service every home we put on the market. So, unlike the average vacation rental platform, we don’t just hope our homes and guest experiences are up to snuff. We actively make them as incredible as we can—by owning every step of the process.