Repair Technician 1- Wichita, KS
We are excited to announce the need to add to our team in Wichita a Repair Tech 1 position! The primary duties for our Repair Tech 1 would include but are not limited to; the safe repair of hydraulic cylinders or related component parts including diagnostic troubleshooting, disassembly, measurement, data collection, failure analysis, repair, re-assembly, and testing. Includes the proper use of mechanical and fluid power testing and measuring equipment and documentation of results. Requires work at Hyspeco Repair shops and at customer locations if ever needed. We love to invest in our people! We offer tuition reimbursement! We value a Work/Life Balance!
Start earning vacation after 90 days! Are you interested in joining a new team? Have you thought about working for an employee-owned company? Apply today and let's get started!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diagnoses hydraulic cylinders to troubleshoot and determine the cause of failure.
- Measure with calipers, micrometers, and tape measure.
- Dismantles cylinders maintaining identification of each component part, labeling and/or photographing parts as necessary.
- Advises supervisor of required new or remanufactured parts, if necessary.
- Re-aggregates cleaned, repaired, and/or replacement parts from other workgroups and performs re-assembly and final testing per Customer, EASA, OEM, or Horner specifications.
- Documents final testing on applicable forms.
- Return all completed signed documentation, photos, etc. to the shop office.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations to Hyspeco levels.
- Work with minimal supervision to complete tasks on time.
- Operate and/or use related equipment and tools which include forklifts, hoists, slings, grinders, cutting torches, hand tools, drills, punches, etc.
- Maintain a level of work performed in accordance with Company Quality Assurance standards and/or job order specifications.
- Communicate with support service rep with specifications to complete the job.
- All other duties as assigned by the manager or lead.
- Upholds Hyspeco Safety and Personnel Policies.
- Upholds ISO 9001:2015 requirements as defined in Hyspeco’s quality procedures/processes.
- Technical Capacity.
- Learning Orientation.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Organization Skills
- No Supervisory Responsibilities, we'll handle that part!
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma and or equivalent; or three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Fluid power experience.
- Fluid power component repair experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Fluid power certification.
- Work as a mechanic is a plus!
$17 - $24 hourly
About Hyspeco, Inc.
Hyspeco, Inc. is a full-line Fluid Power Distributor of motion and control components centered on hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-mechanical, and fluid connector components. Hyspeco Inc. is setting the standard for design, manufacturing, application, installation, and delivery of fluid power products and engineering emergency and preventive maintenance field services. Our progress is driven by the family-built atmosphere and employee-owner mindset.