Repair Tech 1 primary duties include but are not limited to; the safe repair of hydraulic cylinders or related component parts including diagnostic trouble shooting, disassembly, measurement, data collection, failure analysis, repair, re-assembly and testing. Includes the proper use of mechanical and fluid power testing and measuring equipment and documentation of results. Requires work at Hyspeco Repair shops and at customer locations if ever needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diagnoses hydraulic cylinder to troubleshoot and determine cause of failure.
- Measure with calipers, micrometers, and tape measure.
- Dismantles cylinders maintaining identification of each component part, labeling and/or photographing parts as necessary.
- Advises supervisor of required new or remanufactured parts, if necessary.
- Re-aggregates cleaned, repaired and/or replacement parts from other work groups and performs re-assembly and final testing per Customer, EASA, OEM, or Horner specifications.
- Documents final testing on applicable forms.
- Return all completed signed documentation, photos, etc. to the shop office.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Work with minimal supervision to complete tasks on time.
- Operate and/or use related equipment and tools which include forklifts, hoists, slings, grinders, cutting torches, hand tools, drills, punches, etc.
- Maintain level of work performance in accordance with Company Quality Assurance standards and/or job order specifications.
- All other duties as assigned
- Upholds Hyspeco Safety and Personnel Policies.
- Upholds ISO 9001:2015 requirements as defined in Hyspeco’s quality procedures / processes.
- Technical Capacity.
- Learning Orientation.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Team work.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; or three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Fluid power experience
- Fluid power component repair experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Fluid power certification
$17 - $22 hourly
About Hyspeco, Inc.
Hyspeco is a full-line Fluid Power Distributor of motion and control components centered on hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-mechanical, and fluid connector components. Hyspeco Inc. is setting the standard for design, manufacturing, application, installation, and delivery of fluid power products and engineering emergency and preventive maintenance field services. Our progress is driven by the family built atmosphere and employee-owner mindset.
“The beauty of our company is not just the service and products that we provide, but the unshakable ethical core that Hyspeco is built upon. Our teammates consistently drive innovation while changing the lives of our customers and each other. It is this valuable cultural equation that makes us the ultimate employment destination.” – Joe Parrott, President/CEO of Hyspeco, Inc.