Rural Mutual Insurance Company has a great opportunity for an experienced multi-line property & casualty claims manager to join our claims team. We are seeking a highly motivated, ambitious, experienced, and outgoing claims professional that will be equipped to work from home. Preferred location is Madison or eastern Wisconsin, but other locations considered as territories can be rearranged.
- Hire, train, supervise, and educate field claims adjusters in multi-line claims (knowledge of, and background in, property and casualty preferred).
- Assign claims and manage claim inventories for each adjuster.
- Maintain diaries in order to assure that proper investigations are completed and file documentation meets company Best Practices.
- Review reserves for adequacy, timeliness of updates, and reinsurance involvement.
- Monitor assignment of claims to independent attorneys by adjusters, when appropriate.
- Coordinate the company response to catastrophic weather events (CAT) when such events occur in the Manager’s assigned territory.
- Support other areas of the State with staff when a CAT event occurs outside of the Manager’s territory.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other field managers and claims management in order manage adjuster inventories and territories.
- Perform annual employee evaluations.
- Support and implement strategies that help achieve corporate goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in risk management & insurance, business administration or related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Previous supervision/management of multi-line field adjusters preferred OR minimum of five years multi-line claims adjusting experience.
- Knowledge of estimating programs (e.g., Xactimate, Audatex, etc.)
- Ability to perform in a self-motivated environment.
- Ability to take recorded statements, understand physical inquiries, investigation and negotiation.
- Participation in multi-line claims field audit to ensure quality claims handling and compliance with company guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong decision-making and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- CPCU designation preferred.
$72,000-$85,000 starting range, based on experience plus company provided vehicle
About Rural Mutual
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property & casualty insurance companies in the country for the ninth consecutive year and is rated “A” with a positive outlook by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”.
This is the kind of company you want to work for doing the kind of job you love to do…protecting people and property.
Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services, and provides competitive compensation packages for our employees.