Farmer Law PC
The Business Relationship Developer (BRD) – Regional, is a non-attorney who handles the client intake, consults, and sales for their assigned region for the Firm. This position must be based in South Dakota or Iowa and serve the regions of Iowa, Minnesota, and Missouri or South Dakota, North Dakota, and Nebraska. It will include frequent travel involved to local and regional trade association events, client site visits, expos, and other outbound sales activities. The primary functions are to conduct initial intake consultations with prospective new clients, convert them to clients, and successfully on-board the new client to the legal team.
The BRD will conduct in-depth in-person and telephonic meetings with Prospective New Clients for the purpose of selling legal services. During these meetings the BRD will:
- Follow policies and procedures on how to communicate with PNCs in the most effective manner
- Collect information about the PNCs and the matters for which they are seeking the Firm’s help
- Assure the PNCs that the Firm’s attorneys and staff will be able to help them.
- Show compassion for the PNC’s troubles
- Provide a general description of the Firm’s services in the area where the PNC needs help
- Generate quote and engagement letters PNCs
- Walk PNCs through the financing process, if necessary
- Explain each aspect of the Engagement Letter to the PNC
In accordance with the ethical rules governing lawyers:
- The BRD will not provide legal advice, quote a fee (however, the BRD may share a fee that has been determined by the Owner), or enter into an engagement with a client
- The BRD will prepare prospective clients for entering into an engagement with the Owner or other designated attorney by obtaining the client’s signature and then receiving an attorney’s approval
The BRD will oversee the client onboarding process:
- Create the Engagement Agreement and accept payment, interacting with the attorney for acceptance of the contract
- Send emails to appropriate parties within the firm to start a new case.
- Follow up with clients 5 days after being hired and verify that the onboarding team has accomplished their duties
- Follow up with clients 15 days after being hired to ensure they are receiving great client support and answer any of their current concerns
The BRD will:
- Stay in contact with PNCs who do not appear for their consult, and PNCs that do not sign up after their initial consultation to keep the door open for them to come in when they are ready
- Keep detailed records in The CRM system about the number of PNCs that contact the firm, the number that are scheduled for initial consultation, come in for initial consultations, the number that engage the firm, and other associated metrics (referral source, average case value, etc.)
- Actively engage in dialogue with management regarding the quality and volume of the leads, offering constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement based on “front lines” experience
- Be expected to travel to pre-approved locations in Iowa, Minnesota, and Missouri for the purpose of generating leads and expanding network
- Other tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
- 2 years of experience in sales of products or services, luxury or high-end products and services are preferred. Proven track record using a consultative sales approach is required
- A strong interest in consultative solutions selling
- Experience with a CRM, particularly reporting, required
- Knowledge of the legal industry is an asset
- Real-life experience and a few “battle scars” to give you empathy and understanding is an asset. Experience overcoming a major obstacle in life and making an important change in your life, so you know at your core that others can do it too, is a plus
About Farmer Law PC
At Farmer Law PC, we provide legal immigration solutions to businesses and corporations throughout the U.S.