Montessori Reggio Academy of Sugar Land
Montessori Reggio Academy is looking for dependable, passionate teacher to join our fantastic team!
If you love singing, dancing, storytelling, Fine arts, and Reggio and nurturing young, energetic children, we would love to talk with you! Candidates must be very dependable, flexible, professional, team players, patient and most importantly - LOVE CHILDREN!
Does this sound like you? We want to meet you!!! Work for a school that appreciates your talent!
Are you a talented, hard-working educator looking for a rewarding and supportive work environment? Join our family of passionate leaders in early education and care at MRA and help us shape the future for children. Teachers are required to have a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, and experience working in childcare is preferred.
We are a curriculum based private preschool who provides high quality education and care to children ages 3 months through Kindergarten.
- You must have knowledge and experience in working with young children and have knowledge of Fine Arts (Reggio) and Music.
- This is an afternoon part time postilion to teach Reggio and music to the students and oversee the Reggio projects and theme.
- Connect with and support families we serve with a positive outlook and attitude!
- Plan and implement daily curriculum and embrace a sense of achievement as you hear the joy and experience the wonder of children participating in activities you have prepared.
- Observe, record and share childrens' accomplishments and advancements with parents.
- Plan curriculum tailored to the needs of individual children with concern for their interests, special talents, and individual style and pace of learning.
- Help children become aware of their roles as integral members of a group.
- Encourage and assist in positive social and emotional interactions.
- Ensure safety and well-being of children at all times.
- Positive attitude, passion and tenacity.
- Demonstrate competence in written and oral communication.
- Exhibit warm, nurturing responses to child’s observed needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Montessori philosophy and early childhood development and share that knowledge with staff, parents and community.
- Demonstrate ability to provide for children’s developmental, social and emotional needs, based on observations.
- Maintain a positive school environment with parents, staff, and children relationships characterized by mutual respect and good will.
- Be available to assist with occasional support duties, attend and participate in school functions, fundraisers, retreat, and collaborate with colleagues and school leadership in the design and implementation of innovations within the context of the school’s overall program and mission.
- Design the classroom so that it is aesthetically pleasing and has a logical organization of materials/resources/activities, such as by level of difficulty or sequence of skill development.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Proof of high school diploma or GED (preferred college course work/ degree)
- Knowledge of early childhood education practices
- Dedicated to Stepping Stone School Core Values
- Committed to children and families
$12 - $15 hourly
About Montessori Reggio Academy of Sugar Land
What We Stand For:
Childcare is an expense. A Montessori Reggio Academy education is an investment in your child’s future. Research has shown the first five years of life are the most important with regard to brain development. This is why we believe “a Montessori education is an investment”. We take great pride in offering an authentic Montessori education enriched with a Reggio Emilia Inspired arts and science program – a unique combination of proven educational methods.
We follow the traditional Montessori Method with the belief that cognitive development is the product of interaction between the individual and the environment. The Reggio Emilia approach is an educational philosophy focused on preschool and primary education. The program is based on the principles of respect, responsibility, and community through exploration and discovery in a supportive and enriching environment based on the interests of the children through a self-guided curriculum.