The Mobile Shear Operator's primary duty will be to operate and maintain an excavator mounted shear to process aluminum stainless and ferrous materials for mill and foundry delivery. This position will also include operation of material handling equipment. They will work with customers and drivers in yard, keeping materials sorted and in order. They will also be expected to be an active and dynamic team member contributing to the profitability of the company as a whole.
- Operate power shear that cuts metal objects, such as sheets, plates, billets or bars, to specified length: Lifts workpiece by crane, to machine and to transportation container.
- Screens material for acceptability safe processing.
- Occasional operation of oxy-fuel cutting torch.
- Strive for highest levels of productivity with safety of others and equipment always being a primary concern.
- Sort and organize inbound materials with customers and drivers.
- Provide exceptional service to both customers and to team.
- Experience in operation of excavator, back hoe, logging machinery or material handlers.
- Ability to operate variety of heavy construction machinery a plus.
- Experience in steel or scrap metal industry or logging industry a plus.
- Experience operating a forklift, skid steer, or end loader license preferred.
- Lift up to 100 pounds with assistance - 50 pounds individually.
- Operates with integrity and attention to detail.
- Able to provide great service to both customers and team members.
- CDL is not required but considered a plus.
$13 - $18 per hour plus bonus
About Marshfield Scrap
Marshfield Scrap is a material recycling company handling all types of metals, appliances, automobiles and other recyclable material. Having all the equipment necessary to take care of each customer, Marshfield Scrap focuses on providing exceptional service to every person who drives through their gates.