Psych Choices of the Delaware Valley
Psych Choices of the Delaware Valley, LLC is a minority-owned outpatient mental health practice in Broomall, PA looking for an office administrator with experience in the medical field, or in the area of mental health.
The ideal candidate is comfortable interacting face to face with patients, requesting payment for services, handling a busy multi-line phone system, and utilizing an electronic health record system to manage multiple schedules.
We are looking to fill two full 8-10 hour weekdays and one 3-5 hour a day on Wednesdays which will be overlapped with another administrator.
This position includes 6 annual paid holidays, sick, and vacation benefits.
As a Receptionist, it is your foremost responsibility to greet all incoming patients in a respectful and compassionate manner.
- You will be responsible for collecting co-payments and using our electronic health record (EHR) system to document payments and check in the patient.
- You will answer and respond to telephone calls while maintaining a high level of patient confidentiality as well as courtesy and professionalism.
- You will be required to follow HIPAA privacy regulations as well as the company confidentiality policy.
- You will be responsible for scheduling appointments for medication management providers, and re-directing other calls to respective departments.
- You will be expected to master the practice's EHR system and utilize it with ease over time.
- You will be responsible for other front desk duties including filing, handling, and re-directing mail, faxing, and scanning documents as well as miscellaneous administrative tasks that may be assigned to you.
- You will be expected to maintain a courteous, respectful yet friendly relationship with the other administrative staff and also with the doctors and therapists who treat the patients in our practice.
- Education: High School degree/GED
- Experience: 1 year of related experience in an office environment preferred; medical office experience a real plus.
- Ability to interact with people in a positive, professional, and courteous manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to importance in a fast-paced environment
- Multi-tasking capability without compromising on quality
- Ability to follow directions independently
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically MS Word and Excel required.
- Ability to handle additional office equipment including multiple lined telephones, printer/photocopier, credit card machines, postage meter, and document scanner.
- Dependable, punctual, and able to work the required hours; flexibility for additional coverage as needed is a plus
- Previous experience with EHR systems is a plus
About Psych Choices of the Delaware Valley
Psych Choices of the Delaware Valley is an established minority-owned private practice that has been in business since 2001. PCDV has longstanding contracts with major insurance companies, which sustains a steady stream of clients/referrals.
Psych Choices is comprised of a variety of clinical expertise and diversity on both master's and doctoral levels to better assist the community's mental health needs. Psych Choices treatment can be in the form of medication management, individual, couples, family, and/or child therapy. PCDV looks to recruit forward-thinking providers who create a safe non-judgmental space for patients to explore holistic solutions.
The PCDV mission and vision can be summed up in 3 core areas: Happiness by Choice Not by Chance, End the Stigma, and Holistic Approaches. Learn more about these core values on the Psych Choices website!