Tibbott & Richardson
The Receptionist’s primary goal is to relieve the other staff with whom he or she works of the tasks involved with answering the phones, performing client intake, scheduling consultations, and greeting visitors to the office. The receptionist will also serve as the backup for staff members when they are absent or otherwise occupied. This position will work closely with other firm personnel, referral sources, and vendors. Key competencies include superior communication skills, attention to detail, organizational skills and task prioritization. Must have the ability to multi-task, work successfully in a fast-paced work environment and meet deadlines with “no drama.”
Reporting Relationship: The Receptionist works under the supervision of the Office Administrator or Owner.
Responsibilities: Client/Visitor Focused Tasks and Marketing Assistance:
- Make a professional and positive first impression for the firm
- Is UNFAILINGLY polite and professional
- Answer Incoming Calls
- Directing and screen incoming calls as appropriate
- Take accurate messages and forwarding them to the appropriate staff member immediately
- Follow a script to perform intakes for potential new clients
- Schedule initial consultations for potential new clients
- Send appropriate follow-up emails and letters as required
- Receive mail, deliveries and packages and direct to the proper staff member
- Organize and file documents in appropriate client files & sub-files
- Organize all potential new clients in the contact record management system
- Research articles and/or books to be sent to referral sources (Rainmaker Rolodex system).
- Manage firm systems for sending out direct mail like birthday cards, holiday cards, client satisfaction surveys, monthly newsletters, thank you cards, etc. •
- Call organizations to schedule speaking engagements for rainmakers. •
- Call potential new referral sources to schedule marketing call meetings for rainmakers.
- Once a client’s file is closed, operate the "post case" follow up systems to nurture past client relationships causing more new referrals and new matters from the client base.
- Coordinate live events/seminars/open house/client or referral source appreciation receptions (from large scale to small). Tasks include following action plans for the event, being sure rainmakers are scheduled and prepared for the event, coordinating the invitation and RSVP lists, marketing materials, coordinating registrations, setting up tables and/or the booth at resource events or trade shows etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have graduated high school, received a G.E.D. or equivalent
- Displays impeccable interpersonal, time management, organizational, and customer service skills
- Has previous experience with word processing programs and basic computer skills
- Comfortable taking telephone calls and mitigating stressful situations
- At least one year of receptionist or administrative assistant, experience, or similar preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong phone skills are required and applicant must be comfortable speaking with all types of people.
- Strong computer skills are required and include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRMs etc.
- Must have attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a positive manner with a variety of personnel in a team environment and one on one.
- Superior customer service skills and demonstrated a willingness to go above and beyond in delivering exceptional service.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- A “no drama” personality
$10 - $12 hourly
About Tibbott & Richardson
Integrity, honesty, empathy, communication and always doing our best are the values at the core of our company.