FS Luxury Realty
Work for a nationally ranked, industry leading real estate company based in the heart of Silicon Beach. With a focus on world-class client service, business growth, process, technology and culture, our company continuously raises the bar for what a real estate company can achieve. We are a tirelessly dedicated and driven team that offers advancement and growth opportunity. Position is available immediately for the right candidate. Be advised: we are looking for Rockstars only. Those with an insatiable appetite to learn and grow with a leading company, and those with solid, proven skills where their work experience speak for themselves.
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000 (DOE)
As the Real Estate Transactions Contracts Attorney, you will report directly to the COO and CEO, and your primary role will be to:
- Draft, review, assist in the negotiation, and finalize real estate transaction documents to include residential listing agreements, purchase and sale agreements, lease agreements, disclosures, addenda, amendments, and other real estate related forms in compliance with real estate regulations as applicable by state.
- Review offers and listing documents before submission and make sure each teammate has a template with the required and necessary language
- Track transaction tasks, parties, and key dates, and communicate progress to team as issues and tasks are resolved.
- Communicate effectively with client, agent and all service providers throughout escrow to ensure the customer is clear on current and next steps. (Walk client through every portion of the transaction from contract to close. Give guidance to sales team on the how the sale and purchase process works.)
- Responsible for daily/weekly follow up with Agent/Ops, mortgage, escrow, title & appraisal companies for status of completion on contractual items.
- Assist with scheduling and/or following up on contractual required reports (e.g., termite, appraisal, home inspection and city required inspections / reports, if applicable). May be required to attend inspections or appraisal if necessary.
- Review inspection reports, schedule and review vendor estimates in order to draft comprehensive requests in order to negotiate credits, price reductions and repair work
- Performs pre-audit of each property transaction file prior to close of escrow to confirm all documents have been returned fully executed.
- Manage & ensure all escrow transaction files are in compliance with company & department of real estate regulations as applicable by state.
- Ensures that all terms of the contract are followed through for a successful closing.
- Maintain organization of digital files and folders.
- Provide advice and counsel to management on real estate development and acquisition issues
- Interact with internal business units, clients, and vendors to provide timely updates and counsel on legal and contractual issues, as necessary
- Engage in advising internal clients on contract related legal issues
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required
- Conduct basic legal and business research.
- Communicate regularly with CEO & COO to achieve established goals
- Must be able to independently manage sophisticated real estate transactions without supervision.
- Timeliness in responding to client needs and turning documents promptly.
- Consistent follow-through and ability and flexibility to multi-task and effectively balance priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- **Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctorate degree from am accredited US law school with at least 1 year law firm experience
- Must be licensed to practice in California and in good standing with the California State Bar Association
- Real estate license a plus but not required
Knowledge / Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant real estate law experience, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating real estate transactions and related contracts
- Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of real estate law, including mortgage lending, survey and title practice, and entity formation and operation.
- A Plus: Experience working on real estate transaction files or have 1+ years as a Real Estate Agent
- Exceptional communication, client service, confidentiality, organizational, time management and detail-oriented skills required for the role.
- Highly skilled at keeping track and extreme organization of many files at once.
- Must have ability to reduce stress and bring peace and calming to the transaction.
- Experience advising companies in all aspects of real estate transactions and contracts
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to evaluate and determine appropriate legal course of action to meet business needs.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with supervisors, peers, subordinates, and external company contacts.
- Computer savvy & proficient with Microsoft (Word, Excel), Apple iOS and Internet applications.
- Exceptional drafting, proof-reading, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Great attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner with moderate supervision.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with outside parties.
- True team player.
- Strong ethical standards and high level of integrity and personal accountability
- Must possess excellent English communication skills with the ability to speak and write clearly and informatively
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend and on-call hours as needed
- Must possess a current driver's license
$70,000 - $90,000 yearly
About FS Luxury Realty
Named one of America’s top real estate teams by REAL Trends, in conjunction with The Wall Street Journal, and most recently written up in Broker Agent as one of the top influencers in California real estate, our company is a dynamic, forward-thinking company owing much of their success to their superior marketing, exceptional client relations, and employee-centric culture.