When renovating houses and properties, the Project Manager’s core responsibilities are creating and maintaining a budget, coordinating contractors, creating a project schedule, upholding timeframes, and problem-solving any issues that may arise during the process.
From the initial assessment of a property to reselling it after renovations, the Project Manager will be the boots on the ground, coordinating between the office and the rehab crew, to make sure the project wraps up on time and stays on budget. Their knowledge of the local market, materials costs, and reliable network of contractors will be the project manager’s greatest tools to tackle any renovation project with success.
- Determine project scope of work, project schedule, and project budget
- Manage several single-family residential renovation projects at any given time
- Obtain written estimates and bids for each project to ensure competitive pricing
- Daily site visits and inspections to ensure progress and quality of craftsmanship for each project
- Screen, make hiring and firing decisions with contractors and subcontractors
- Make decisions independently which ensures profitability and quality work product
- Constantly searching for new contractors and vendors to ensure an ample supply of workers
- Communicate daily with supervisors to ensure properties/ projects are on time and on budget
- 5+ years of experience in construction management
- Expert knowledge of construction management processes, means, and methods
- Competent in conflict and crisis management and strong leadership skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, city, state, and federal guidelines
- Solid understanding of local, state, and federal building code requirements
- Must be comfortable using scheduling software and budgeting software
- Provide evidence of residential flips/rehabs
- Ability to schedule crews and personally work to manage the contracts early in the day, late in the day, and on weekends as needed
- Provide references of project management experience and character references
About Rocket Homebuyers
Working at Rocket Homebuyers can accelerate your career and give you the opportunity to work with world-class talent. We’re a team that loves what we do and we all thrive on our ability to make an impact. There are many benefits that come with working with us such as: 10 days of PTO, a flexible work schedule, work from home, and being surrounded by A players who want you to WIN!
If we sound like a good fit for you, please follow the directions below - explicitly! Candidates who don’t complete all three steps will not be considered.
- Complete application
- Complete DISC profile in the application
- Record a video of yourself (No longer than 3 minutes) telling us a little more about yourself and why you think you are a good fit for the job. Send the video to firstname.lastname@example.org.