Coastal Mountain Home Buyers
We’ve been investing in people, homes, and communities since 2016. We are a successful, fast growing, real estate investment company in Southwest Florida. We are looking for a team oriented and collaborative builder and/or experienced construction project manager to join our team as we seek to transform, build, and renovate 24-36 homes in the next 12 months. We need you!
Do you fit any of these descriptions?
Are you currently building for a national or local production builder? We know the grueling hours you put in driving all over the place, dealing with unreasonable customers, and the high pressures put on you by the corporate office. You can do very well with us and have awesome life/work balance.
Are you a former or retired home builder looking to put your home building skills back to work? Why not come and grow in a small, upbeat company without taking on all the responsibility and risk of your previous endeavors. You have more to give, and we need your craft, experience, and skill. We want your experience and leadership.
Are you a real estate agent who used to be a builder and for some reason got out of the business?
Are you an experienced construction project manager who desires to do more? If so, we would like to talk with you.
What we promise:
We value our people’s experiences, ideas, and contributions. If you are the right person for us, our collaborative company will lean into your experience while developing a mutually trusting relationship. We are sincerely committed to the success of our team members!
We will guarantee a steady stream of work through fix and flip renovations (24 to 36 per year), and a goal of 4 to 6 new construction properties next year.
We have houses right now that need to be transformed and if we had THE RIGHT PERSON RIGHT NOW we would buy more property! We have the funding and investors to make things happen quickly.
If working other commitments, we are only interested in someone who wants to add our work as your highest priority.
The ideal candidate possesses the following character attributes:
- First, your upbringing must have instilled a good work ethic in you. We want motivated! Everyone in our company works hard and has fun. So will you!
- You will be required to work 40 to 50 hours per week. More in peak season, and less in non-peak. We want a hard working builder with at least 2 years experience.
- A servant leader. Are you willing to do anything you ask others to do? That doesn’t mean a weak leader, but someone who commands respect leading by example. You have the ability to read people and know when to use a firm vs gentle hand. Grace is encouraged, but if it is the bottom line of the project, or safety is compromised, knowing when to quickly dismiss a poor performing subcontractor is crucial.
- You are good at identifying and retaining talented and ethical subcontractors. You enjoy building a high performing team that allow the renovations to not only go well, but that subcontractors support each other instead of pointing fingers when there are mistakes.
- Experience: At least 2 to 3 years of construction experience with major renovation projects. Our average project cost is around $40,000.
- Financial transparency. All receipts will be turned into our bookkeeper, which means you don’t have to do any accounting work. We’ve got you covered.
- Estimating: Be available to tour prospective projects and provide company with estimates and preliminary budget projections within 48 hours. Upload report and pictures to company software.
- Positive relationships with existing sub-contractor base: If your subs think you hang the moon then you’re the person we’re looking for. That said, the subs will need to submit invoices to our company bookkeeper prior to being paid. Constantly be looking for new subcontractors that can bring value to our company.
- Licensing: Have passed, or have the ability and qualifications to pass the General Contractor Exam in the State of Florida.
- Master scheduler: We need you to know how to manage and schedule subs in order to bring projects in on time and on/under budget.
- Tech Savvy: Knows how to set up spreadsheets and do calculations and budgeting.
- Attend networking events with company owner: Florida Home Builder Association Meetings.
- Permitting: Pull permits with appropriate agencies. Work with city inspectors as needed to ensure all inspections are completed, final CO’s granted, etc.
- Reporting: Twice weekly meetings to discuss various projects. Keep detailed daily notes on each project.
- Detail Oriented: A good finisher that punches out the house properly and makes sure that completion includes a clean, well punched out home, ready for the marketplace.
$30,000 - $100,0000
About Coastal Mountain Home Buyers
We are a small, but efficient real estate investment company. We wholesale, flip, and hold properties for rentals. We buy houses in any condition from motivated sellers who may decide to sell because of the following: inherited a property, tired landlords, divorced, pre-foreclosures, sellers who don't want to repair their house themselves, or those who do not want to sell to a realtor. We provide fast, friendly service for those who want to sell their homes as-is for cash.
Find out more from our marketing website: https://www.coastalmountainhb.com