DeMers & Associates
Real Estate Portfolio Manager 125 units (Apts/SFR/Comm)
Ready to make a difference? Lead our real estate operations through hands-on management of local properties and oversight of contract management for off-site properties. Options to expand the work, grow and earn more, including buy/sell opportunities for the right candidate who has or is willing to secure a Real Estate License.
We are not your typical firm! Since 1975 our boutique office has integrated Certified Public Accounting, Income Tax, Bookkeeping, Consulting, and Real Estate into comprehensive one-stop SOLUTIONS. The ideal candidate will be a reliable, customer-centric problem solver that thrives in a small, open office (no doors, well – except the bathrooms) with 3 dedicated associates plus contract service teams who are all self-starters (after coffee). We normally bring our lunch in as we love our work but also have families.
READY TO APPLY! Please respond with:
- Your resume.
- A short note on why this job is right for YOU and what is important to YOU (details not in your resume).
- PLEASE include “I READ THE AD” in the subject line or in the top of your response. We want to know if you read the post, we do not have time to answer autoresponders. Want to know more, read on:
KEY JOB PURPOSE
- Deliver a positive, respectful, integrity driven attitude to build relationships, the cornerstone of our success.
- Leverage training, collaboration, technology, and flexibility to get the job done accurately and timely.
- Balance delivering exceptional customer experience with streamlined, profitable operations.
- Oversee repair, maintenance & rehab including hands-on inspections, troubleshooting and project mgmt.
- Implement tracking for contracts, equipment and key operating details that are critical or recurring.
- Use financials, data & Excel to spot trends, take corrective measures, and gain insight to course correct.
- $55,000 to $65,000 full-time base plus; 401K, healthcare, PTO, training, mileage reimbursed. Base pay depends on experience, relevant licensing, with bonuses/profit share tied to your achievements.
- Increased pay / bonus if you join in Buy/Sell transactions and/or help us succeed & conquer the work.
- Manage the complex demands of daily operations through the AppFolio Platform. Solve tenant issues, minimizing vacancies, enhance marketing, Excel analysis & reporting, and make informed critical decisions.
- Onsite visits to verify conditions, review work, troubleshoot issues, find solutions, handle city inspections.
- Meet tenants, market & show properties, assess applications, and optimize revenue generation.
- Plan / Purchase turnover supplies, occasionally deliver materials to job sites (including 5-gallon paint or roof coatings up to 50 pounds) to keep work on track or climb a ladder to complete roof / attic inspections.
- Ensure protocols work for emergency and crisis response 24/7 (cell phone and answering service provided).
- Ability to master AppFolio, CAR forms, CoStar, QuickBooks, Outlook, Excel, DocuSign, and other software.
- Willingness to work in our office daily. We are flexible with hours and around holidays / family events.
- Calmness, friendliness, strong negotiation skills, manage constant priority changes, multitasking, stress mgmt.
- Knowledge of local, state, and national regulations to use in daily property management and sales transactions.
- Flexibility to travel 1 or 2x a year, handle the rare emergency, adjust schedule to help when critically needed.
- 2 years of related experience, high school diploma or equivalent, reliable transportation (mileage reimbursed).
- Some basic rehab knowledge: Budget, Purchase, Floor Plan Design, Structural, Plumbing, Electrical, Permits, etc.
$55,000 - $65,000
About DeMers & Associates
We are a Certified Public Accounting, Income Tax, Bookkeeping, Consulting, and Real Estate firm. We offer full-service wealth management and estate planning options with one goal in mind: to become your trusted business advisor and guide you through the financial challenges of life.