The Law Offices of Marjory Cajoux
Dynamic and rapidly growing law firm in the heart of downtown Brooklyn committed to providing outstanding client service in matters of complex Real Estate, Immigration, and Probate Administration seeks a seasoned Real Estate Paralegal.
Are you an experienced Real Estate Paralegal with expertise in complex real estate transactions? Our busy firm is growing, and we need a skilled professional who possesses excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; and, can effectively communicate with staff, management, clients, opposing counsel, title companies, banks, and entities, in a time-sensitive deadline-driven environment. You will prepare closing statements, and contracts, order payoffs, organize files for closings for both residential and commercial transactions, schedule and attend closings, draft and review legal documents, and provide case status updates to clients.
- Responsible for all tasks relating to completing closing documents including deeds, memoranda of leases, lease amendments, promissory notes, allonges, deeds of trust, security agreements, UCC financing statements, assignments, guarantees, escrow agreements, loan agreements, estoppel certificates, resolutions
- Draft real estate-related documents for attorney review prior to finalizing
- Order and review title commitments, exception documents, and surveys; communicate directly with title companies and surveyors to resolve any issues or discrepancies
- Manage contract critical dates and prepare closing checklists
- Coordinate and assist with closings, including review and/or preparation of conveyance documents, closing statements and transfer tax forms
- Finalize post-closing requirements, including preparation of closing indices, preparation and organization of closing binders, and monitoring of post-closing deliveries and other requirements
- Prepare documents for and closing of cooperative and condominium units, including the preparation and filing of RPT forms
- Order UCC lien searches
- Maintain daily contact with clients, and relevant entities regarding closings, etc.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university. Paralegal Certificate preferred but not required
- At least 4 years of recent experience supporting attorneys in Real Estate
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, while multi-tasking with frequently changing priorities Strong analytical, organizational, and data management skills
- Possess a “can do” attitude and maintain a positive team player mentality
- Knowledge of legal terminology and principles
About The Law Offices of Marjory Cajoux
The Law Offices of Marjory Cajoux believes delivering stellar legal representation begins and ends with our staff and are seeking employees who want to be a part of a great mission, a diverse staff and culture, where first names are used for everyone, and doors are always open. A place where delivering exceptional customer service to our clients and their families is our number #1 priority. If this sounds like a team that you want to be a part of, start your application today!