Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A.
Do you love digging into research and helping people? We’re hiring a paralegal to assist our legal team in preparing legal documents, filing motions, coordinating law office activity, and conducting legal research. Applicants should be experienced, highly-organized professionals with great attention to detail. If this sounds like a job you’ll love, apply below.
- Help lawyers prepare for trial by preparing and organizing exhibits, assisting with client meetings, filing motions, conducting research on legal articles, and organizing and coordinating witnesses
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Organize our case filing systems to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate, and other administrative duties as needed
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Draft legal documents, pleadings such as subpoenas, motions, notices, petitions, orders, briefs and other documents under the guidance of a lawyer
- Interview clients to obtain facts and assist a lawyer with client meetings
- Perform administrative tasks such as answering phones, drafting correspondence and maintaining an organized filing system on all matters
- Conduct research on legal issues at the guidance of a lawyer
- Coordinate service of process, court filings and interact with various court clerks and judges
- Document time spent on billable matters
- Talented communicator and writer
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Completion of a nationally-accredited paralegal program strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, and time-management skills
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Completion of an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate's degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies is strongly preferred
- Employment as a paralegal for more than five years with a real estate law firm
- Must have strong writing skills, excellent grammar, and proficient ability to write in English
- Must be organized and have meticulous attention to detail
Rate of pay commensurate with experience and education
About Law Offices of Marc L. Shapiro, P.A.
We are a personal injury law firm with a growing real estate practice. Our culture is built on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our mission is to achieve the best possible results for our clients with genuine care and compassion.