Diamond & LeSueur
We are looking for an outgoing people-person to join our growing real estate team. With our firm’s open communication process, keeping our clients informed of what to expect from start to finish, we are able to make closings simple for our clients, whether they are selling or buying. Despite the uncertainties of 2020, the real estate market is booming and thanks to our proven track record of getting deals closed smoothly, contracts for residential sales and purchases are coming in daily. So that we can continue to provide the caring, dedicated and highly efficient service our real estate legal team is known for, we need a skilled paralegal/legal assistant with a great attitude who can hit the ground running.
While we would prefer somebody with a solid background in residential real estate, we might consider the exceptional applicant who is friendly, curious and has a great sense of humor as well as the desire to learn everything there is to know about residential real estate closings.
- Extensive interaction with clients and real estate agents via phone, email, Zoom and face-to-face
- Managing client information; setting up/organizing/maintaining digital and paper files from open to close
- Calendaring and monitoring dates
- Drafting and sending correspondence
- Reviewing title commitments and clearing title exceptions
- Preparing closing documents
- Ordering documents and coordinating/scheduling inspections/closings/meetings
- Being available in the office during office hours to handle unexpected emergencies, answer questions and for all-around problem solving and hand-holding when needed
- Must be a high school graduate; some college or a paralegal certificate/degree is preferred
- Must be tech-savvy; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; able to quickly learn new software applications; knowledge of Smokeball is a plus
- Must be able to follow directions, prioritize a workload while being able to quickly adapt to changing priorities, work independently and meet deadlines
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
About Diamond & LeSueur
Adam Diamond Law's vision of changing the way people view their attorneys is rooted in our core values: connect with people, always be curious and seek the simple solution.
So, if you are:
- Passionate about helping people, making their lives easier, and building long-lasting relationships with them
- Interested in the opportunity to help grow a busy real estate practice, while also learning about family law, estate planning and general civil litigation
Then we invite you to apply by submitting:
- A current resume
- A cover letter (not to exceed 2 pages) explaining why you became a lawyer, your favorite lawyer joke (so we know you have a good sense of humor) and your salary expectations
- Three references with current contact information including phone numbers and e-mail addresses.