The Suarez Team
Work for a nationally ranked, industry-leading real estate company based in the heart of Silicon Beach. With a focus on world-class client service, business growth, process, technology, and culture, our company continuously raises the bar for what a real estate company can achieve. Your positive attitude and consistent, reliable work ethic will be key to your success in this company.
We are only interested in candidates who demonstrate confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy, as well as good customer relations, and the ability to communicate clearly and work well with our team. The tasks will require intermediate to advanced accounting ability – candidates with more extensive proficiency will be more strongly considered. This candidate should also be efficient with accounts payable and bookkeeping. The ideal person will be a skilled multi-tasker, who is reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines with the ability to be both personable, productive, and accountable.
- Handle all accounts payable and receivable on a daily basis to make sure each invoice and expense report is accurate
- Utilize computer software to enter financial data and keep our records organized
- Produce regular journal entries to post to the general ledger
- Prepare for quarterly reporting using standard best practices and assist in monthly closings
- Complete other accounting tasks as needed to assist the real estate team
- The bookkeeper will work closely with the Controller to strategically lead the company to meet its growth goals by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Process daily accounting functions including commissions distribution approvals and reimbursements, accounts receivable, deposit reconciliation, bill paying, and staff payroll (twice monthly)
- Facilitate all incoming payments and outgoing checks, including printing, obtaining signatures for, and distributing checks as necessary.
- Monitor credits owed and reimbursements receivable per listing from both the client and Agent to ensure all are handled efficiently, timely, and documented
- Assist with preparation of financial and statistical statements and reports
- Analyze company reports of listings sales, and research and resolve discrepancies in a timely fashion
- Responds to vendors concerning rent, utilities, and other invoices
- Organize and enter all invoices and coordinating payments
- Purchasing supplies and equipment
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Resolve issues regarding billings
- Reconciling to the General Ledger
- Ability to conduct all aspects of the A/P A/R process, bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, including monthly and annual payroll returns
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial data
- Hiring and managing receptionists and Assistant MCAs
- Office manager responsible for keeping the office running; coordinating the maintenance of office equipment, including performing minor repairs, calling for repair services, and monitoring maintenance agreements.
- Reconcile all business accounts to ensure our records match up and no transaction gets lost
- Assist Controller with other ad-hoc duties as needed
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Associates degree with 2-5 years in bookkeeping required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or related field preferred but not required. If the candidate meets this requirement, the position will come with increased compensation potential
- Advanced proficiency with Quickbooks (minimum of 3-5 years experience)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel including Vlookups and pivot tables)
- Strong customer service
- Proactive problem solver
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to write high-quality emails
- Computer and technology skills
- Team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Real estate background preferred
$60,000 - $75,000
About The Suarez Team
We are a rapidly expanding team that feels more like a family. We strive to provide the utmost customer service to both our internal clients and our external clients in everything we do and we are looking for someone to continue to grow with us as we become a national company!