Mill Pond Realty, Inc.
Are you a hard-working, detail-oriented executive assistant with real estate experience? Do you love systems, processes, and procedures? Enjoy a fast-paced work environment with lots to do? Are you someone that constantly goes above and beyond to do a great job and to deliver great customer service? Ready to take your real estate career to the next level? If so, keep reading; we should probably talk.
Laura Durham, West Michigan's REALTOR® of choice, seeks a highly motivated executive assistant at Mill Pond Realty, the greater Saugatuck/Douglas area's #1 real estate agency in sales for the past 10 years in a row.* With the help of this individual, Laura is hoping to focus more on helping her clients buy, sell, rent, and dream ... with confidence, and much less on back-end/daily administrative tasks. We are looking for a truly exceptional experienced candidate who is willing to go the extra mile and be a true team player.
The ideal candidate will possess a solid background in real estate. A real estate license is not required, but Laura would consider providing the right person a full scholarship to earn one. The candidate should have a proven track record of creating and implementing systems and procedures in a busy office environment. This person will have a strong sense of urgency, be extremely task-oriented, and enjoy making their way successfully through a to-do list. You will work well with minimal supervision, graduating taking on more responsibility and leadership within the team.
*All closed sales in residential, vacant land, and commercial properties combined 2009-2020 per Multiple Listing Service for Saugatuck; Douglas; West Allegan County; Ganges; Casco, Lee, and Laketown Townships.
- Organize incoming information such as phone calls, voicemail messages, emails, and memos and report details to an executive
- Support an executive with meeting preparation and take minutes
- Oversee scheduling, including arranging accommodations and travel, managing itineraries, and setting up team meetings
- Perform office management duties such as organizing filing systems and ordering office equipment and supplies
- Perform additional assigned duties from executives such as picking up orders, handling personal mail, etc.
- Act as the main point of contact for Laura
- Supporting the owner in all business and personal areas needing assistance
- Screening and directing phone calls and distributing correspondence
- Handling requests and queries appropriately
- Scheduling meetings, appointments, and viewings
- Producing reports, presentations, and sales materials
- Track expenses on investment properties with financial spreadsheets and reports and negotiating with property vendors, companies, and utilities when necessary
- Assisting and supporting multiple agents with whatever they need to succeed
- Assisting clients and helping them to have an extraordinary customer service experience
- Managing day-to-day office operations
- Helping clients through the closing process
- Assist vacation rental department when necessary
- Comfortable meeting deadlines and handling confidential information
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills, time management skills, and interpersonal skills
- At least 2+ years of experience as an executive assistant, or experience performing supportive duties
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- Previous office executive experience, preferably in the real estate industry
- Willingness to obtain a real estate license (fully funded by broker)
- Ability to deal with and not be intimated by strong personalities
- An unwavering, unstoppable CAN and WILL DO attitude that strives to do what is needed to get the job done and free up agents to sell
- Desire to grow with the company
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills with very strong attention to detail
- Tech-savvy, up-to-date with latest office gadgets and applications
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Publisher)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily workload
- Positive, team-oriented attitude, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Unique ability to see "the whole picture" and not get bogged down in the minutia of day-to-day business
$40,000 - 49,500 yearly (bonuses considered after 90 days)
About Mill Pond Realty, Inc.
Locally operated and family-owned since 1991, Mill Pond Realty is celebrating 30 years in the business of helping clients buy, sell, rent, and dream ... with confidence. The company is known and respected for providing the best in West Michigan real estate, vacation rental, and property management services, in addition to a commitment to giving back to the communities in which it does business with gifts, talents, time, and financial contributions. Laura Durham, who followed in her father's footsteps when she earned her real estate license in 1982, was raised in Douglas, Michigan, and knows the lakeshore markets like the back of her hand. Her clients are more than clients; many have become life-long friends, and she values every relationship acquired through her many years in the business.