Purpose: Work with one of the fastest growing and most forward thinking title companies in St. Louis! Assist escrow closing officers with the closing process from beginning to completion in various administrative and clerical tasks, clearing title matters and funding the transaction.
Reports to: Owners
Benefits: Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance plans, 401(k), vacation time, profit sharing bonus plan
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday – Friday: 8:30am to 5:00pm
Some or all of the following duties and responsibilities may be assigned to the Closing Processor as business needs dictate:
Assist the Escrow Closing team in the processing of residential and commercial closing files in some or all of the following tasks:
- Open title and closing file within the operating system
- Review sales contract and loan documents to ensure compliance at closing, noting appropriate “target” dates such as the title/survey objection date
- Review title commitment to ascertain what requirements must be met in order to issue final title policy(ies), and works with Escrow Closing Officer to complete requirements
- Obtain payoffs from lenders, homeowner/condominium associations, water, sewer and trash servicing companies, county and city taxing authorities and any other person/entity necessary in the transaction
- Contact and establish professional relationships with real estate agents, loan officers, buyers, sellers, borrowers and others involved in the real estate transaction
- Collect and prepare necessary documentation to complete the closing transaction
Upon completion of the closing transaction, assist the Escrow Closing team in the post-closing process, in some or all of the following tasks:
- Prepare documents for recording and electronically record (or prepare and send overnight package for counties without e-recording option)
- Prepare final loan package and send to lender
- Review closing ledger for accuracy and disburse file in accordance with ledger and lender’s closing instructions, including the printing of checks, initiation of wires, if any, approve wires (not initiated by processor), send payoffs and other checks
Greet clients and answer phones in professional manner, provide exceptional written and verbal communication to agents and clients. Address client needs in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Correspond with lenders, builders, agents and attorneys as needed.
Update job knowledge by routinely participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
Enhance company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests. Explore opportunities to add value to company and key accounts.
Other duties as assigned.
- In lieu of bachelor’s degree, 3+ years of direct real estate processing experience in the title insurance and/or mortgage industry, familiarity with standard title insurance and/or mortgage lending concepts, practices and procedures
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel) title insurance software and/or mortgage loan closing software
- Missouri title agent license (if not currently licensed, must obtain promptly upon hiring)
- High school diploma or GED required (bachelor’s degree or paralegal certified preferred)
About Core Properties
Core Properties is a fast-paced Real Estate company that is growing! We have over 20 years of experience investing in real estate in St. Louis. We purchase real estate in any condition and have the team and resources in place to improve the most distressed properties.