Real estate appointment setter is an entry-level administrative role generally employed by a telemarketing firm, though some real estate sales offices and financial institutions might also employ these individuals. The appointment setter will establish relationships with qualified leads -- usually by way of cold calls -- with the purpose of setting up appointments to view or list properties for sale. A variety of tasks might be expected in addition to phone work, including administrative tasks such as data entry, reporting, and invoice creation
- Real estate appointment setters contact potential customers by phone to explain products, services, and purchase information about properties for sale.
- They use customer information -- for example, name, address, and telephone number -- from a computerized database to initiate cold calls and deliver a scripted sales talk in order to persuade the customer to attend a meeting to discuss sales options for a timeshare opportunity or property.
- They might also be responsible for maintaining a record of contacts, accounts, and orders, in addition to the task of passing information about successful communications onto the appropriate sales representatives.
- Additional duties might include follow-up correspondence with customers, training of newly hired appointment setters, and communication with local businesses to arrange for donations or to plan events.
- A good real estate appointment setter is able to establish relationships, strike up impromptu conversations, and explain products and services in a way that both engages and informs potential customers.
- Companies generally provide a script and expect strict adherence, but it is also necessary that the individual be skilled and confident in building rapport, which might mean carrying on an unrelated conversation or fielding personal and financial questions.
- Since it is an entry-level position, the experience is rarely necessary, but a history working in a sales or promotional capacity would be a benefit.
- Companies appreciate candidates who are able to remain confident when rejected, who can accept criticism, and who deal effectively with high-stress situations.
About Camelot Properties
Camelot Properties is a growing real estate agency looking for positive, energetic individuals to join our team! We are currently expanding and developing our construction side to Camelot Properties. We are a high growth, team oriented company with an abundance of potential clients just waiting to be contacted.
Whether you are an experienced, independent agent, or have just obtained your license, we would love to talk to you! Our start-up programs offer training for the newest of agents, while our advanced programs offer independence to the most experienced agents. Newly licensed agents have sold 17-19 homes in their first year! Our office is currently located in Prattville, while we sell homes throughout the entire River Region.