Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in the Quality and Technical Service functions in the North American facilities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Quality Manager position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage and maintain ISO Quality system - Create and update Quality system procedures, work instructions and forms
• Manage activities of Quality function personnel
• Handle all customer complaints on paper, issue credits if applicable
• Prepare and present metrics for Management Review.
• Responsible for Corrective Action Request system
• Responsible for Internal audit program
• Management Representative for Ranpak with ISO Registrar. Handle the resolution of all findings in North American facilities.
• Responsible for Non-conforming Material process. Participate in defective material review board.
• Involved in resolution of major part, sourced machine or paper quality issues
• Participate in New Product Introduction process / meetings / product qualification/ design reviews
• Participate in ECN meetings
• Facilitate / write QA inspection checklists
• Involved in qualification of new paper suppliers, new machine vendors, new parts suppliers
• Determine paper specifications
• Handle a variety of requests concerning paper. Examples include: Toxics, PH, Old Growth origin, recycle content, heavy metals, MSDS, etc. Much of this information has to be retrieved from the paper suppliers and needs to be updated regularly
• Interface with CSA inspector who stops in quarterly and address issues that arise.
• Support manufacturing as required resolving quality issues
• Responsible for maintaining supplier quality system
• Write and administer performance reviews as assigned by Supervisor
• Travel – up to 20%
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Engineering or other Technical field.
• Minimum 10 years experience in Quality assurance and minimum 5 years experience in management
• An experienced understanding of ISO 9001 requirements
• Proficient in the use of computer applications, for example: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Quality Manager a plus
• Excellent communication skills