This position will bolster what Spike is already known for; Quality. The role will focus on Quality Assurance and Product Support Engineering duties. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for checking and ensuring quality parts both from our vendor base as well as on the Spike production floor, establish consistent standards and methods for QA within the company, as well as lead product improvement initiatives.
'Day 1' Tasks:
- Work with Shipping and Receiving department to develop incoming inspection process
- Develop pre-production part approval process (PPAP) for Spike for new product development programs
- Develop vendor on-boarding process and steps
- Manage Production Shop and vendor quality issues and resolution
- Lead product improvement and quality improvement projects
- Review and approve all CX part replacements
- 3 - 5 years of experience in quality/production support engineering role
- Must have a firm, confident personality to interface with vendors reinforce expectations when challenging product quality issues arise
- Mechanically inclined, must also be comfortable with electrical/electronics
Key Traits Needed to Join This Team:
- Enterprising mindset – Spike is a small company and thus most departments are smaller. We are looking for someone to come in and feel comfortable working day to day without constant guidance from a superior
- Self-Motivated/Self-Starter – A clear objective and rough plan will be developed by the entire engineering team. We will rely on you to help build out this plan so that the objective can be reached. Day-to-day tracking of these plans and working toward the milestones will be part of your responsibilities.
- Detail Oriented – For a small company, quality is in the details and our company prides itself on quality. A detailed, well thought out plan is needed to bring a project to fruition on time and on budget
- Organized/Planner – The engineering department is responsible for bringing a product from concept to prototype to testing to production quickly and efficiently. In order to contribute to this team, we are looking for people with organizational skills to help do this.
$60,000 - $70,000 yearly based on experience
About Spike Brewing
Spike Brewing manufactures high-end home brewing equipment. At Spike, we take pride in our craftsmanship and ingenuity. Our team works tirelessly to deliver products that not only meet the demands of our customers but exceed their expectations, too. And everything we make is designed, welded, and assembled in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We like to think our commitment to our customers speaks volumes about what makes Spike different. Some might say our products speak for themselves.
- Health insurance
- Vision and dental insurance
- 401k program
- Quarterly bonus program
- Free beer on tap!
Learn some more about Spike by visiting our website: www.spikebrewing.com