Quality Control Technician - Flat Glass
Are you looking for guaranteed work or the opportunity for a stable career? Do you enjoy working hard and seeing the results of your effort? Rex Glass is the largest and most professional residential glass and glazing company in Pittsburgh. We're in immediate need of talented craftsmen to join our team. In this position, you will perform visual inspections of various glass products to ensure dimensions and overall appearance meet company standards.
- Inspect various glass products for dimensional accuracy and visual quality
- Properly locate and document all materials in the corporate job management system
- Interface with glaziers and office personnel to ensure the proper flow of products through the inspection process
- Candidates must possess a minimum level of mechanic aptitude that includes the ability to read a tape measure, use hand tools, and understand written and verbal instructions
- Attention to detail is a top priority for this position
- The job requires adding and subtracting fractions to determine glass sizes and opening sizes
- Candidates must be able to carry up to 80 lbs
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license and must be able to drive a vehicle
- Applicants must be able to pass a drug test
- Applicants must be willing to work hard and work overtime (a few hours a week when necessary)
$18 - $25 hourly
About Rex Glass
At Rex Glass, we specialize in custom residential and commercial glass and mirror products. Exceptional service, along with getting it right for both the customer and our employees are core values that we've been demonstrating since 1958. The working environment is team-oriented and customer-focused while providing a rewarding and fun atmosphere that recognizes and strives for excellence.