Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC (BBCH) is growing! We are seeking a talented Superintendent, Quality Control Manager, and SSHO to join our flourishing SES Civil and Environmental LLC, a subsidiary of BBCH! Potential candidates must be experienced and technically proficient federal market construction professionals with a belief in teamwork for all projects and treating people with dignity and respect.
This individual would be part of a project team managing the execution of work being performed by subcontractors. The project will be located in Fayetteville, NC.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to coordinate, plan, and supervise subcontractors and/or craft activities to ensure adherence to plans and specifications; enforce site safety and provide contractor quality control. Candidates must have strong organizational and communication skills.
Superintendent and Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) Essential Functions:
- Provide daily on-site supervision of subcontractors.
- Monitor contractor production, schedule, and performance.
- Manage subcontractor daily production reports.
- Assist with coordination aspects as directed by the Project Manager.
- Comply with all guidelines, policies, and procedures established by the company while onsite.
- Initiate problem-solving and perform repairs on any required work-related equipment, in a timely manner and within the boundaries of previous training.
- Conduct safety audits. Assist with contractor quality control and safety at construction locations.
- Assist subcontractors with Federal (Navy or USACE) procedures and rules.
- Ensure contractors complete work on schedule while fulfilling warranty issues.
- Work with USACE and end-users.
- Communicate daily status of current projects to the Project Manager to ensure all projects are timely and within the company standards.
- Maintain 100% “Compliance Readiness” in all areas or mandatory/regulatory requirements.
Maintain 100% “Safety Standards and Accountability” in all areas or mandatory/regulatory requirements, which include:
- Take necessary action when behaviors or conditions around you may be unsafe.
- Reporting and addressing all potential safety concerns/incidents/issues promptly.
- Document and record any injury or near-miss incident that may occur while you are working.
- Maintain and demonstrate a proficient working knowledge of all work-related equipment, policies, procedures, and tactics at all times. Perform daily/weekly on-site customer interface.
Quality Control Essential Functions:
- Develop and administer the Quality Control Plan for the project (following the Army Corps Three Phases of Control).
- Certify that all submittals are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review plans and specifications to ensure requirements are met for each construction process.
- Provide documented evaluations, assessments, and CQC assistance to staff and subcontractor personnel.
- Review all catalog cuts and material submittals for compliance with plans and specifications.
- Ensure all water, soil, materials, and mechanical systems testing is conducted by approved personnel and/or approved testing facilities.
- Distribute written inspection/test results to appropriate agencies.
- Ensure effective and timely preventive and corrective actions are taken and recurrence of problems is eliminated or minimized.
- Conduct pre-final inspections/ establish a punch list if required/ ensure all deficiencies are corrected.
- Coordinate and conduct final inspections with government contracting and civil engineer personnel.
- Submit as-builts on finished projects.
- 5 years minimum experience with construction contracts for the US Federal Government (NAVFAC/ USACOE).
- 10+ years in vertical construction experience desired with 5+ years on projects $1M or greater.
- Must be proficient with USACE EM-385-1 Construction and Occupational Safety and Health Standards.
- 30-hour OSHA construction safety class or equivalent and current first AID/CPR certification.
- Strong competency is required in at least the following areas: Excavation, Scaffolding, Fall Protection, and Confined Space.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products is required.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English and comfortable speaking in group settings.
- Knowledge of construction i.e. prints, plans, procedures, scheduling, and testing.
- Certification in Construction Quality Management for Contractors from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Must be able to maneuver around at various construction sites which may include climbing ladders, and stairs, walking on roofs, and walking on uneven and/or slippery terrain.
- May require periods of sitting, standing, and/or working on a computer.
- Requires travel- both by flying or driving.
- Must be able to visually inspect work projects at project sites and compare them to specifications.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
About Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Our vision at BBCH LLC is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision, and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and paid time off (PTO). We want you to want to come to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. We are also an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Bristol Bay Native Corporation shareholders, their spouses and descendants, and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.