Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Our dynamic and rapidly growing company is currently seeking a dual hat construction professional (Quality Control Manager, and SSHO) to join our SES Civil and Environmental LLC (SCE), a Subsidiary of BBCH.
Potential candidates must be experienced and technically proficient federal market construction professionals with a belief in teamwork for all projects and treating people with dignity and respect.
The position will be located at Fort Bragg, NC and the scope of work will consist of Interior renovation of barracks.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to coordinate, plan, and supervise subcontractors and/or craft activities to ensure adherence to plans and specifications; enforce site safety and provide contractor quality control. Candidates must have strong organizational and communication skills.
Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) Essential Functions:
- Provide daily on-site supervision of subcontractors.
- Monitor contractor production, schedule, and performance.
- Manage subcontractor daily production reports.
- Assist with coordination aspects as directed by the Project Manager.
- Comply with all guidelines, policies, and procedures established by the company while onsite.
- Initiate problem-solving and perform repairs on any required work-related equipment, in a timely manner and within the boundaries of previous training.
- Conduct safety audits. Assist with contractor quality control and safety at construction locations.
- Assist subcontractors with Federal (Navy or USACE) procedures and rules.
- Ensure contractors complete work on schedule while fulfilling warranty issues.
- Work with USACE and end-users.
- Communicate daily status of current projects to the Project Manager to ensure all projects are timely and within the company standards.
- Maintain 100% “Compliance Readiness” in all areas or mandatory/regulatory requirements.
- Maintain 100% “Safety Standards and Accountability” in all areas or mandatory/regulatory requirements, which include:
- Take necessary action when behaviors or conditions around you may be unsafe.
- Reporting and addressing all potential safety concerns/incidents/issues promptly.
- Document and record any injury or near-miss incident that may occur while you are working.
- Maintain and demonstrate a proficient working knowledge of all work-related equipment, policies, procedures, and tactics at all times. Perform daily/weekly on-site customer interface.
Quality Control Essential Functions:
- Develop and administer the Quality Control Plan for the project (following the Army Corps Three Phases of Control).
- Certify that all submittals are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review plans and specifications to ensure requirements are met for each construction process.
- Provide documented evaluations, assessments, and CQC assistance to staff and subcontractor personnel.
- Review all catalog cuts and material submittals for compliance with plans and specifications.
- Ensure all water, soil, materials, and mechanical systems testing is conducted by approved personnel and/or approved testing facilities.
- Distribute written inspection/test results to appropriate agencies.
- Ensure effective and timely preventive and corrective actions are taken and recurrence of problems is eliminated or minimized.
- Conduct pre-final inspections/ establish a punch list if required/ ensure all deficiencies are corrected.
- Coordinate and conduct final inspections with government contracting and civil engineer personnel.
- Submit as-builts on finished projects.
- 5 years minimum experience with construction contracts for the US Federal Government (NAVFAC/ USACOE).
- 10+ years in vertical construction experience desired with 5+ years on projects $1M or greater.
- Must be proficient with USACE EM-385-1 Construction and Occupational Safety and Health Standards.
- 30-hour OSHA construction safety class or equivalent and current first AID/CPR certification.
- Strong competency is required in at least the following areas: Excavation, Scaffolding, Fall Protection, and Confined Space.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products is required.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English and comfortable speaking in group settings.
- Knowledge of construction i.e. prints, plans, procedures, scheduling, and testing.
- Certification in Construction Quality Management for Contractors from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
This position requires the ability to maneuver around work sites, see, hear, and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; frequent opportunity to move about and to work outside the office environment for extended periods involving exposure to the elements with weather that will include extreme heat, cold, wind, rain or other inclement weather, walking over rough and uneven surfaces, and routine lifting of up to 35 pounds. If required, must properly use personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times including but not limited to; hard hats, steel toed boots, eye protection, respiratory protection, and hearing protection. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job is performed in a combination of office and outdoor site locations. The office setting includes exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, and mouse. Outdoor settings include walking, driving, and carrying supplies throughout all seasons with exposure to heat and cold conditions, and potentially wildlife. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
$115,000 - $125,000
About Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Our vision at BBCH LLC is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision, and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and PTO. We want you to want to come to work!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Bristol Bay Construction Holdings, LLC gives hiring, promotion, training, and retention preference to BBCH shareholders, shareholder descendants, and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.