Chantel Ray Real Estate
The quality control manager position develops, implements, and manages quality control systems designed to ensure a continuous, consistent and excellent client experience.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Provide technical expertise to teams.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with company procedures.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within company.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for real estate transactions throughout their life cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of administrative support experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience supervisory and process management experience.
- Strong attention to detail and process management skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of administrative support experience.
- 1+ years providing process management oversight in a real estate sales environment.
$15.00 - $17.00 an hour
About Chantel Ray Real Estate
At Chantel Ray Real Estate we want to change the way real estate is done in our country. It’s kind of like Apple wanting to change technology. At other big companies - they call themselves “franchises” but they are truly just brands. At Chantel Ray Real Estate, we are different. Our vision is to be the only TRUE real estate franchise that provides an EXCELLENT and CONSISTENT customer experience 100% of the time.