SES Group of Companies LLC
We are looking for a QC Manager that will require the USACE QCM cert and OSHA 30 certifications. The assigned QCM will coordinate with other trades, process daily reports of project progress, and adhere to all guidelines issued by the owner. The ideal candidate will be ready to jump in, prepared to lead QC meetings, manage daily reports and manage the submittal register. This position will be located in Tyndall Air Force Base.
Candidate must be willing to be open to travel for upcoming projects.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Conduct Quality Control Meetings, perform inspections, review submittals, and ensure testing is performed.
- Prepare all Quality Control certifications and documentation required.
- Develop and Administer the Quality Control Plan for the project (following Army Corps Three Phases of Control).
- Certify that all submittals are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review plans and specifications to ensure requirements are met for each construction process.
- Provide documented evaluations, assessments, and CQC assistance to staff and subcontractor personnel.
- Review all catalog cuts and material submittals for compliance with plans and specifications.
- Ensure all water, soil, materials, and mechanical systems testing are conducted by approved personnel and/or approved testing facilities.
- Distribute written inspection/test results to appropriate agencies.
- Ensure effective and timely preventive and corrective actions are taken and recurrence of problems is eliminated or minimized.
- Maintain and submit hazardous material reports to the government environmental office. Conduct pre-final inspections/ establish punch list if required/ ensure all engineering personnel. Submit as-builts on finished projects.
Job Requirements Mandatory:
- Engineering and Construction Management degree preferred, but not required.
- In-depth understanding of scopes of works on civil, geotechnical, and marine construction projects.
- 5+ years in civil and marine construction experience desired with 5+ years on projects $5M or greater.
- Knowledge of construction (i.e., prints, plans, procedures, scheduling, and testing).
- Certification in Total Construction Quality Management for Contractors from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully to develop alternative solutions.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills- Write and verbalize clearly, informative, and effectively.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - Work with integrity and ethically; upholding organizational values. Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, meeting challenges with resourcefulness.
- Generate suggestions for improving work, and develop innovative approaches and ideas. Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills.
- Has the ability to build effective teams, inspire others to do their best, and to coach and mentor.
- Has the ability to confront difficult situations and manage them to a successful conclusion.
- Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by third party.
- Embraces lifelong learning and strives to stay current with new industry trends and practices.
$75,000 - $85,000
About SES Group of Companies LLC
SES Group of Companies LLC LEADS the way to a sustainable future for all stakeholders via our leadership (L), excellence (E), accountability (A), dedication (D), and safety (S). Our vision is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and paid time off (PTO). We want you to want to come to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. We are also an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Bristol Bay Native Corporation shareholders, their spouses and descendants, and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.