Sable Systems International
This position is responsible for assisting Sable teammates in resolving issues, testing SSI electronic and mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies, testing components, PC boards/instruments, documenting QC test procedures in accordance with ISO9001-2015, and conducting CO2 calibrations. This position also encompasses performing maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, calibration, and repair on a variety of circuits, components, analytical equipment, and instrumentation.
- Sable has a generous benefits package with Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k. and Long-term Disability with employer match, and many other perks
- Compensation dependant upon experience
- No Phone Calls Please
- Serves as the primary quality control resource working on the manufacturing floor for calibration, test, issue identification, resolution, development/maintain Key Process Indicators
- Performs root cause-corrective action-preventive action analyses and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (continuous improvement) to raise the performance of various product lines.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits
- Calibrates instruments per established SSI procedures and perform validation studies and tests to assure instrument performance compliance
- Functions as the liaison between quality and various departments
- Supports parallel engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer
- Creates and maintains Calibration and QC documented information
- Ensure established quality standards are followed
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of electronics manufacturing experience
- General electronics knowledge and electronics assembly skills (mechanical)
- Able to interpret mechanical and electronic configuration drawings, schematics, datasheets, and written instructions
- Proficiency with common hand tools (screwdrivers, pliers, cutters, wrenches, etc.) and continuity test equipment (e.g., ohm meter)
- Use of common power tools, continuity test equipment (ohm meter)
- Use inspection tools (e.g., micrometer, microscope, calipers, pin gauges, meters)
- Working knowledge of standard electronic test equipment (DMM, Oscilloscope, etc.)
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and web browsing software
- Good verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills (in English)
- Familiarity with a variety of electronic and electromechanical components along with a basic understanding of component compatibilities, incompatibilities, and standard circuit design a plus
- Must be a self-starter, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and have strong organizational abilities
- Familiarity with J-STD-001 and IPC-a-610 standards a plus
- Familiarity of ERP NetSuite a plus
- Familiarity of ISO-9001 2015 a plus
- BS mechanical, electrical, or other suitable engineering degrees as applicable and 2- 4 years testing experience of electronic and electromechanical products.
About Sable Systems International
Trusted as the world leader in metabolic measurement, Sable Systems International has a 30+ year reputation for innovation, expertise, and scientific insight. We design and manufacture multi-platform high-resolution scientific instrumentation for the Life Sciences. Our applications range from Fly to Mouse to Human – and beyond.
Our best-selling products include multi-channel metabolic measurement systems for experimental animals such as mice and rats, with simultaneous measurement of other parameters such as food and water intake, body mass, position, activity, and environmental monitoring. Whether providing solutions for the measurement of a living process or an industrial one, model animals, or human personalized healthcare research, our unrelenting focus on quality and support is key to our success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.