The Buyer/Purchasing Manager will be responsible for negotiating contracts with suppliers and vendors. This position is also responsible for evaluating overall quality of all incoming products including: flower, edibles and concentrates.
This position also requires high level data analytics in order to analyze and research proposals for best available options. The position is responsible for drafting, implementing and monitoring contracts to ensure all vendors and products are within the CA regulation guidelines.
- Develop and implement purchasing policies and ensures compliance in accordance with the CA guidelines.
- Partner with Retail General Manager to research and negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Partner with Inventory Control Manager to monitor stock movement and inventory levels as products are sold using Point of Sale software.
- Prepare daily and weekly purchase orders based on customer and/or business demand.
- Forward purchase orders to suppliers with specific requirements.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that product arrives on time and follow-up on undelivered product.
- Communicate with suppliers and transportation service providers.
- Maintain strong working relationships with existing vendors and network with prospective vendors to stay abreast of upcoming trends; light travel may be required.
- Use POS analytics to research out of stock products and report discrepancies to Inventory Control Manager.
- Monitor all vendor promotions, discounts and specials to analyze sales trends and reconcile ROI.
- Partner with the Marketing Manager and Retail General Manager to remain familiar with vendor promotions, preferences and vendor requirements.
- Create/review purchase orders taking into account sales figures, seasonal trends, promotions, commitments, new authorizations, minimum shipments and inventory returns.
- Coordinate with the IC Manager to return merchandise to vendors.
- Review all cost changes and maintain accurate costs on purchase orders.
- Occasionally partner with Operations Support Manager to prepare payments and reconcile invoices.
- Occasionally assist Inventory Control Manager with receiving incoming products as well as inputting SKUs into POS system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred
- 5+ years experience in Procurement/Retail and regulated industry is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are required
- Must also be able to maintain and preserve confidentiality of company and vendor information
- Possess impulse control and frustration tolerance
- Be able to manage time and multiple competing demands
About People's OC
At People’s OC, we strive to provide a unique, exceptional customer experience from the moment you enter the dispensary. We pride ourselves with having a professional workforce, trained in the ability to tailor expert recommendations to each customer’s specific needs.
Our energetic team members combine excellent customer service with passion for the cannabis industry. People’s OC creates endless opportunities for our team members to gain valuable professional industry experience as well as making long lasting relationships.
Please visit our website at www.peoplesorangecounty.com
People's OC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.