Scott Engineering, Inc.
We are looking for a Purchasing Manager to lead and develop our Purchasing team as we grow into new markets.
As the leader of the Purchasing Department, you will be expected to improve profitability, efficiency, and customer satisfaction through the execution of strategic procurement activities. Your department will be responsible for all inventory related purchases and management activities.
- Manage the development and implementation of department goals, objectives, policies, and priorities in order to meet company goals
- Must have Team Building, Staff Development, and Co-Manager and Cross-Functional Collaboration Skills
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of Accounting and PL and Manufacturing Operations.
- Assess and monitor workload, administrative and support systems; identify opportunities for improvement; direct and implement changes; develop and lead efforts to improve efficiency
- Actively communicate with the production and planning departments and analyze vendor performance trends to make accurate projections and avoid backorders or overstock
- Research and analyze current purchasing requirements; evaluate vendors, selection and pricing to ensure most cost-effective methods of procuring goods, materials, and services; meet with vendors to discuss products and services
- Hold regular meetings with department staff to review backorders, aging reports, purchase orders, and other key metrics for running the department
- Improve existing and develop new relationships with suppliers and manufacturers to meet current and future demand
- Manage private label categories and research industry trends for new product opportunities
- Create sourcing strategies to support new revenue streams with accountability to the company’s bottom line
- Establish and measure department and Purchasing staff’s metrics
- 10+ years of experience in procurement or supply chain environment
- 5+ years of experience managing buyers and purchasing staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing /Supply Chain Management
- Managing buyers and purchasing staff: 5 years (Preferred)
- Procurement or supply chain environment: 10 years (Required)
$65,000 - $70,000
About Scott Engineering, Inc.
Scott Engineering, Inc. (SEI), a leader in the design and production of medium voltage pole- and pad-mounted equipment for the American utility and adjacent industries provides customers with complete, fully-customized power distribution solutions built to the highest quality standards.
At SEI, we see our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) structure as a competitive advantage. Each of our employees is a business ‘owner’ with a vested interest in our success. We’re also proud of our status as an MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) / DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) certified company. It sets us apart and makes SEI the perfect partner for organizations seeking suppliers who comply with these requirements.
World Class Manufacturing is Scott Engineering's mentality and the way we do that is by living our core values, supporting our company's vision, and working together towards one common goal.