Monarch & Maker - Interior Designs
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in purchasing or accounting for an interior design firm. Specifically for hospitality, commercial and luxury residential projects. You must have excellent organization, time management and problem-solving skills, with the ability to change course several times daily. If you have command of current purchasing software trends, enjoy mastering details, and getting the job done on time without micromanagement, this may be the job for you.
- Review all FF&E data and create PO’s off the information given. Adjust when necessary.
- Create purchase orders and send to vendors once ready for order.
- Receive acknowledgments via email, review, and save in the client folder.
- Receive invoices via email/mail, review, pass to accounting, and save in client folder.
- Make payments on all invoices by coordinating with accounting.
- Assist with all reconciliations in obtaining missing invoices/receipts.
- Create electronic folder in shared drive for each project.
- Track each item to ensure its arrival prior to delivering to client.
- Follow up on all backorders and reselections.
- Collect all acknowledgments and invoices for each purchase order.
- Save daily reporting and update all FF&E tracking of items that have arrived.
- Save daily invoices and check for accuracy. Sign off and send to accounting for payment.
- Take lead on all returns to and from receiver.
- Review all returns or open inventory at receiver and notify designers on what needs to be sold.
- Follow all scheduled client deliveries and review all item reports to ensure everything is on the truck.
- Report all damages to designers.
- Obtain a repair quote if necessary and follow up with vendor for reimbursement.
- Return to vendor if necessary and get replacement shipped in a reasonable time frame.
- Receive all incoming shipments, log in for tracking purposes, and advise recipient of incoming delivery.
- Manage all stock items warehouse and maintain reporting.
- Complete all paperwork to set up new vendor accounts. Scan paperwork into shared drive.
- Maintain accurate vendor representative and contact information in shared drive.
- Update all libraries of catalogs, swatch books, and pricing.
Review all emails in the morning. (10%)
- Receiver Reports/Invoices
- Acknowledgments on new orders
- Pay daily invoices
Place orders and manage damages/returns. (70%)
- Create project folder
- Review FF&E
- Create purchase orders or damage statement and save as PDF.
- Email or enter orders/damages online
- Receive acknowledgments
- Make payments if necessary and turn in receipts
- Follow up on tracking, timelines, back-orders or re-selections
Daily receiving in the Warehouse. (5%)
- Distribute all incoming packages/samples
- Inspect any project deliveries, log in and inspect packages
- Maintain warehouse and ensure all walkways are cleared
Daily follow up on communication with team, emails, and issues. (15%)
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Logistics, Interior Design or related field
- 2+ years purchasing for interior design firm (REQUIRED) OR 3+ years experience in design and residential furnishings (REQUIRED)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and partner with the entire team in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in data entry while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Microsoft Office 365 with an emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Purchasing and/or Accounting software knowledge of any type. Preferred: Sage 50 Quantum Accounting 2018
$40,000 - $50,000
About Monarch & Maker - Interior Designs
Monarch & Maker is a premier hospitality and residential remodeling firm near Houston and is touted as one of the Top 5 in Texas. Our turnkey, client focused, ‘outside the box’ approach to large scale projects has garnered fast paced growth for us.
Founder & Principal, Micah Tipler, is an innovative force in design and architecture for hospitality and residential developments. She’s been recognized for her ongoing work as the lead residential and commercial designer at Bluejack National Golf Course in Montgomery, TX. Micah’s design, The Fort at Bluejack National was awarded Golf Inc. Magazine’s 2019 “Amenity of the Year.”
From initial concept through project development and installation, Monarch & Maker partners with clients to create truly unique and stunning environments. Our high energy growing team provides every client the benefit of our full attention, on each project.