Our growing, dynamic company is looking for an ambitious and motivated Purchasing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant to join our team! This role involves providing accurate and timely costing/pricing and delivery information to the sales team and ensuring on-time deliveries by maintaining open communication with vendors and expediting purchase orders This role will also support and assist the President with administrative and organizational acumen.
This employee must be an organized self-starter who can finish tasks on a deadline with ease and without prompting. We are looking for someone who can grow the role by excelling at every task set before him/her. The ideal candidate must be a team player, considerate, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work with strong personalities, and capable of handling competing demands.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
- Proactively manage the costing process to enable quote turnaround time within 24 hours on standard inquiries and 3 days on specials
- Send RFQs to vendors and work up landed-in costs (30-60 weekly)
- Accurately enter new part numbers and related information (weight, vendors, pricing, tariff codes, inspection codes) into the computer system
- Communicate with suppliers on their performance against our standards and targets.
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondence is controlled, filing systems are designed, and supply requisitions are reviewed and approved
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents including customer orders (contracts), insurance policies, vendor bills, training material, vendor brochures, and information
- Create material test reports as required by customers
- Act as a communication hub for President and team members
- Track and ensure compliance with WBE certifications and government regulations
- Properly use and maintain the office equipment. Troubleshoot any technical challenges that arise: printing, scanning, VoIP system forwarding or retrieving calls and messages, server updates, user permissions, etc
- Manage, supervise, and provide technical advice on telecommunications systems
- Proficient with ERP systems
- 5 years experience in a similar position, preferably in distribution, manufacturing, or construction with an understanding of the cost/bid process
- Experience working in a small business
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, 365 Suite, Adobe, ERP, and CRM systems
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with complete follow-through; effective time management, organization skills, and great attention to detail
- Math aptitude (decimals and fractions) and the ability to read prints
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated by effective listening skills- Collaborative personality
- Problem-solving skills- analytical/logical thinking as well as intuition when necessary
- Tolerance to ambiguity
- A college degree is a plus
- Purchasing or materials management experience would be nice
- Ability to grow into an Operations Manager role
- ISO 9001 Quality program experience and/or understanding
- Facility/property management experience
$21 - $26 hourly
About Wink Fasteners
Since 1992, Wink Fasteners, Inc. has built a solid reputation as the knowledgeable and reliable distributor of corrosion-resistant fasteners - bolts, nuts, washers, sockets, threaded rods, u bolts, and machine screws. Our engineer components are available in a variety of materials including several grades of stainless steel, duplex, aluminum, brass, silicon bronze, Monel, Inconel, Hastelloy, and titanium.
As a small, woman-owned enterprise, Wink Fasteners, Inc. qualifies to participate in diversity programs, objectives, and various preferred procurement programs of many local and state agencies.
We are located 20 minutes east of Richmond Airport