SCM Group North America
The Purchasing Assistant is a key role in our Spare Parts Department working to assure we have sufficient inventory on hand and ensure customers are kept informed of the status of parts orders. Reporting to the Spare Parts Manager, this position is responsible for all Spare Parts purchasing administration.
- Being the central contact for replacement part ordering, part identification, and verification to include order entry; recognition and processing of new client accounts; issuance of returned goods; verification of part pricing with domestic and international offices; notification of back-ordered parts; assist with the identification and shipment of parts for Spanish speaking customers.
- Issue purchase orders, and receive and match invoices for orders.
- Follow up with suppliers on open purchase orders to insure timely delivery.
- Maintain files on all documentation to back up all transactions.
- Work with the accounting department to ensure all suppliers are paid in a timely manner.
- Work with the parts warehouse staff to ensure all incoming goods have appropriate documentation for quick turnaround.
- Work with shipping and customs clearance of all incoming international shipments.
- Work with Parts Sales department to ensure customers are kept informed of open order status.
- Develop relationships with new suppliers.
- Insert and follow up on all orders placed on the PartsPronto Internet website, the fax machine, and the parts e -mail address.
- Fully qualified candidate will possess a high school diploma. College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- A minimum of three years experience in a customer service and/or purchasing role. Knowledge of purchasing, international customs, receiving inventory ,and pricing preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people in a diverse environment where change and flexibility are essential.
- Ability to effectively use verbal and written communication.
- Sound business judgment.
$45,000 - $55,000 yearly
About SCM Group North America
SCM Group North America is a world leader in industrial woodworking machinery. We are part of SCM Group S.p.a. Italy, providing the most advanced skills and know-how in the fields of machinery and industrial components over the last 70 years. SCM Group North America is the center of all North American Sales, Service, and Spare parts, supporting our customers in the furniture, construction, cabinetry, and various other market sectors.
We offer a team-oriented work environment, competitive compensation, and a strong benefits package, including affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage; company-paid STD, LTD, and Life; plus a 401(k) with matching.